• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

hst

Reaction score
7E6B50E9-C1F6-4355-B895-6EE5A356EE5E.jpeg
I had lazyman done up previously with real laces. The laces are therefore purely to make the shoes look more formal (as opposed to loafers)

cypi2

Reaction score
For reference, here are a few examples of lazyman shoes by Mr. Meccariello without faux laces although none are austerity brogues:
lazyman00.JPG
lazyman.JPG
lazyman3.JPG
lazyman4.JPG

hst

Reaction score
Ah, sorry, I just realised my typo and made some amendments to my earlier post. Must have caused some confusion.

I understand what you mean now. The omission of the faux laces is an interesting idea. I am fine with that, but wondering what the rest of the guys think??
@clee1982
@hst
@skyline72
@evangel21
@GeoffreyB

In any case, the vintage box calf will be an optional add-on, and we do not need to be in unison. Meaning that within the group, some may choose to go with regular box calf, and some may choose to pay the upcharge for the vintage. So absolutely no worries on that.

Am fine with chisel 2 or soft square. Also fine with real or faux laces. No laces at all will make it more like a loafers which I think defeats the purpose of a lazyman.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How's the length for the 9F Chisel?

Tried again probably is a heel grab issue, toe box is good, though I think by going to F the heel might be a bit wider and that is probably the real issue. Guess if I stick with Chisel 2 I would go for 9E this time and if we do soft square I would stay in 9F.

Preference is faux lace, real lace is fine too, though definitely not no lace

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried again probably is a heel grab issue, toe box is good, though I think by going to F the heel might be a bit wider and that is probably the real issue. Guess if I stick with Chisel 2 I would go for 9E this time and if we do soft square I would stay in 9F.

I would probably go with this as well based on what you describe. If the length works out then stick with 9. and F width for the soft square.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ThunderMarch

Actually, we often compare the toe box widths, but any insight on the heel? I found the chisel 2 to have much better heel grip for my narrow heels right out of the box compared to the round and hawksbill lasts.

Bro, i feel that the heel fit for both are comparable. Or at least, the soft square is CERTAINLY not wider in the heel than the Chisel lasts.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Add me to the list of interested parties if the navy lazyman has faux laces. If not, I'm out.

I could go either way with chisel 2 or soft square...helps that @ThunderMarch and I are nearly identical in sizing so his input is very helpful :fistbump:

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of interested parties if the navy lazyman has faux laces. If not, I'm out.

I could go either way with chisel 2 or soft square...helps that @ThunderMarch and I are nearly identical in sizing so his input is very helpful :fistbump:

Gotcha. Good to have you on board. Bout time we got you a pair of Meccariellos.
You'll most likely need a 9E on the soft square.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Ah yes, it's a great make up. I'm getting in on that as well.

In fact, some time back, there was a post here to gather interest for it.

It's likely that both the lazyman and and wholecut will be made up from box calf in crust and hand dyed accordingly. The final effect will probably be different as the wholecut will be made up to resemble museum calf, but the lazyman finish hasn't been decided yet.

@ThunderMarch - what can you tell me about the wholecut since it sounds like you're getting in on it? I'm thinking about it as well but I don't want the lazyman and wholecut to end up with the same finish and we only have a few days left before the wholecut GMTO closes?

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ThunderMarch - what can you tell me about the wholecut since it sounds like you're getting in on it? I'm thinking about it as well but I don't want the lazyman and wholecut to end up with the same finish and we only have a few days left before the wholecut GMTO closes?

Well, you don't have to worry too much about them ending up in the same finish.

The final color of the lazyman hasn't been decided yet, but seems a safe bet would be some kind of deep navy with burnishing maybe or antiquing?

The wholecut will be done in a kind of museum calf like effect with a lot more mottling like in this picture.

Screenshot_20171017-011533.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That looks pretty cool, almost grayish, though i guess I'll stick with lazy man, usually looking for something on the dressier side

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@clee1982 @hst @bsarosi @GeoffreyB

For the lazyman, there was an interesting suggestion by another participant.

He is also keen on the austerity version, but suggested that for the double stitching at the seams, there be just a touch more spacing between the 2 rows. Giving an effect something like this.

IMG-20171015-WA0002.jpg

What do you guys think? Pretty subtle. But not a bad idea I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads