• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another use for black suits

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
Ofcourse he wore black. It was his funeral. Damn Lankans
blush.gif

lol, good point. and the suit in the first pic does actually look charcoal.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
lol, good point. and the suit in the first pic does actually look charcoal.

Could just be the light, like in the tuxedo picture.

The people who can actually offer a justification for the black suit bit other than "SF deems it" argue about contrast washing out skin. That does not apply to all skin tones, and not even all of those who are white. If you have dark hair, odds are that black will look just fine on you, since your body's coloring already has natural contrasts that won't be threatened by the black suit. If you're pasty with blond hair and blue eyes, avoid it.

It's a fine color on somebody like Mr. as many years in prison as I have dollars. It wouldn't be a good color on, say, Scandinavians.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Troilus;4461205 said:
While SF mandates that black suits are only acceptable for funerals and formal wear, and I believe we overlooked an important third occasion: sentencing in a federal insider trader case.

From the NYT: "Mr. Rajaratnam, dressed in a black suit, had no expression as the verdict was read in the overflowing courtroom."

No wonder he was found guilty on all counts.
/QUOTE]

SF does not so mandate at all.Several very vocal people here don't like them but they do not have a monopoly of right thinking in the slightest.

The age old rule applies: I disagree with them intensely but they have the right to express such a view.

Wear them if you like them.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The age old rule applies: I disagree with them intensely but they have the right to express such a view.

Wear them if you like them.[/quote]

But not on SF...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads