• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Interview with B&Tailor

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im curious, as well. I think it's more $ than rj made to measure, but I may be remembering incorrectly.

Well styling wise they’re different: ring is more Neapolitan inspired; b&t more Florentine inspired.

Will report back and get John to take some photos when I collect.
Slightly different from Ring AFAIK-MTO vs MTM, B&Tailor being the latter and more adjustment
The trunk is mainly bespoke fittings,John is very good at the MTM fitting

John knows what he’s doing. I did bespoke with cj/chad & they wouldn’t let me do mtm bc i was too far from the mtm pattern which is appreciated bc you don’t want something that doesn’t fit. If they fit you into the mtm pattern I think you’ll be happy with the result.

Also overall happy with the bespoke. Finishings are very nice - high attention to detail. Far better than a jacket you’d get in Napoli, in terms of finishing. Obviously different style. It’s a good product.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well styling wise they’re different: ring is more Neapolitan inspired; b&t more Florentine inspired.

John knows what he’s doing. I did bespoke with cj/chad & they wouldn’t let me do mtm bc i was too far from the mtm pattern which is appreciated bc you don’t want something that doesn’t fit. If they fit you into the mtm pattern I think you’ll be happy with the result.

Also overall happy with the bespoke. Finishings are very nice - high attention to detail. Far better than a jacket you’d get in Napoli, in terms of finishing. Obviously different style. It’s a good product.
what is the trunk show bespoke pricing at nowadays?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the trunk show bespoke pricing at nowadays?

I don’t feel comfortable sharing that.

Regular bespoke prices. Their quality is Atleast that of any Italian tailor. I can take photos of a b&t vs a well known neapolitan tailor to prove this point, if you’d like (I don’t even remember which was more expensive but I have it written in a spreadsheet somewhere).

I’d say if you’re looking for a lower priced bespoke option because they’re asian, you’ll be disappointed. Korea and Japan are higher cost of living areas than Naples.

Go to b&t because you like their house style. Don’t choose bespoke based upon which one is cheapest. Go because you’re looking for quality of the product and house style.

Torsion

Reaction score
Picked up my first commission (MTM) from John last Monday.Happy with the outcome,shoulders and back are very clean - was too busy chatting with John at the time and didn't pay any attention to the fit.Photos show a slight crease on the top of the right sleevehead and a pull on the button up of the jacket.Not had the chance to actually wear the suit yet to see if these are actual issues as such.

Will post more pics after I've worn this in better light.First photo more like the actual tone.Dugdale New Fine Worsted in conservative business dress charcoal grey.Single pleat,side adjusters,1 3/4" turn ups
I could do with pulling the pants up higher-first high waisted pants I've had so taking time to adjust to.
Cheers and Happy holidays all!

IMG_20181217_153510.jpeg

IMG_20181217_153217-ANIMATION.gif

Last edited:

Torsion

Reaction score
Not much movement on this thread...
Nice to see Chad, Chang Jin and of course John Lee (not pictured) this Friday at the NYC trunk show.
Picked up my second MTM from them made out of Lovat worsted.Fantastic cloth and drape,I'm much happier with the way this one feels and looks, will get round to a fit pic soon.
Also commissioning a coat made out of Fox Brothers cloth, looking forward to getting that piece back!
Screenshot_20190309-225959.jpeg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190308151442887_COVER.jpeg
IMG-20190221-WA0009.jpeg

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that the first commission you had on in the photo? Could you elaborate on "much happier with the way this one feels and looks" - was teh first one problematic and if so, was there an offer/attempt to adjust by B&T?

Torsion

Reaction score
Was that the first commission you had on in the photo? Could you elaborate on "much happier with the way this one feels and looks" - was teh first one problematic and if so, was there an offer/attempt to adjust by B&T?
Yes I'm wearing the first commission and have been at least twice a week since I got it back in December.
There are no problems at all, my fit is spot on, the difference with the second is merely cloth type and drape, it's slightly heavier weight so sits better. There is no adjustment needed-I was measured and fitted by Chad first time round, he was really happy with it too.
First suit was made from Dugdale NFW and this second from Lovat.

Photo credit to Chad and John Lee
IMG-20190310-WA0001.jpeg

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, looks good there in this newer photo. I've had them on my radar for a while. I will try to align my schedule next time chad is in town

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torsion

Reaction score
Tbh if at all it's likely to be somewhere like London as a hub where people if interested can fly in from other locations

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk