• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Interview with B&Tailor

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any details on how the trunk show went? Anyone here got anything made? Think I might be interested in the future, or perhaps I'll try fit a time in HK or just go to Seoul one day. All good options it feels.

Torsion

Reaction score
Was a pleasure meeting John,Changwoo and Changjin (taking the photo)
Just scouting this time,really loved talking to them and understanding what the B&T offering is about.Some very fine stitching/hand work. Their pant construction is supreme.
Now to save up for the next trunk!
04a3363973c2bce31ee8d819c1eadaea.jpg

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've commissioned a suit with them. Seems that it's just the brothers who are at Pitti, Master Park is still in Seoul and he measured me. A very meticulous process. Had the first fitting ready the next day. Jacket looks great, pants need a bit more work due to my emerging dad bod.

ammanati

Reaction score
This thread has not been updated in a while and I thought I would show you the finished suit from B&Tailor. Ordered through Robin at London Trunk Show early this year.
It's made in Fox Brothers 13-14oz flannel. Very warm, relatively thick and amazingly soft fabric - highly recommended.

MalmoTrunkShow-3-copy.jpg

MalmoTrunkShow-60copy.jpg

MalmoTrunkShow-2-copy.jpg

Stugotes

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of a loud patterned fabric like this for a suit, tbh, but the overall shape and fit are fantastic!

ammanati

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of a loud patterned fabric like this for a suit, tbh, but the overall shape and fit are fantastic!
It is still difficult to look at oneself and be objective so I think I cant agree because I love the fabric very much ;) However I am very happy with the fit and style subject to those small issue as described in the post.
Thanks

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks excellent. Cloth is a classic Prince of Wales suiting.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5EC50EA3-25CC-4F6E-B88B-59EB422FD737.jpeg
B640CD90-1F0B-45D6-8068-7BFAFD6A71AD.jpeg

My two sportscoat commissions coming from b&tailor. The left is a navy donegal tweed (11 oz) using drapers melrose. That’s going to finish & I should have it in December. The right is a vbc lightweight (I forget the book, 9 oz) which has an absolutely stunning texture up close that photos had a hard time capturing.

ammanati

Reaction score
View attachment 872403 View attachment 872404

My two sportscoat commissions coming from b&tailor. The left is a navy donegal tweed (11 oz) using drapers melrose. That’s going to finish & I should have it in December. The right is a vbc lightweight (I forget the book, 9 oz) which has an absolutely stunning texture up close that photos had a hard time capturing.

Would be interested in the navy lightweight one if could check please? Looks really nice. What style is it going to be?

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be interested in the navy lightweight one if could check please? Looks really nice. What style is it going to be?

It was in the vbc impressions book. Spring summer. Having gone through Italian and English fabric books, my sense is I like Italian fabrics for their design / pattern / color, I like English fabrics for their durability & depth. (More on that later.)

I kind of regret not making it a suit - but just went with sportscoat 3/2 roll, patch pocket bottom barchetta, double stitch, spalla shoulder. Definitely considered doing a db suit in that fabric which would’ve been money as well. I could ask for the code number.

I regret not making it a suit bc I commissioned the following fabric (finmeresco) in a suit from Solito - patch / barchetta, spalla, double stitch. I went with Solito bc that fabric felt very Neapolitan & I wanted a Neapolitan house style to match the character of the fabric. (This is a b&t thread, so I don’t want to elaborate further.)
17728CD1-33B2-475A-8C30-80F460CC32A7.jpeg

returning to my point about fabrics, I think I like Italian fabrics for their vibrancy and life, whereas British are more understated. It doesn’t have to be in the same book but I think Loro Piana (vbc is also a decent option - some of their offerings are blah (think suitsupply) but they’re really pretty decent on others imo) has some decent fabrics comparable to the spring / summer one.

ammanati

Reaction score
I kind of regret not making it a suit - but just went with sportscoat 3/2 roll, patch pocket bottom barchetta, double stitch, spalla shoulder. Definitely considered doing a db suit in that fabric which would’ve been money as well. I could ask for the code number.

That sounds perfect! Double stitch and spalla shoulder is money!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member