• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMERICAN TRENCH - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the shaker sweater and quite like it. I’m not a huge sweater wearer (don’t like itch and I tend to run hot) but this hits the sweet spot for me.

17CD2CD2-E5E7-4FDC-B355-DCF3CA43968F.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In case anyone missed this @Epaulet and @jah786 sat down earlier this year to talk on the Styleforum podcast.

I first met Jacob in at one of the earliest Styleforum trade shows - in 2015, iirc. I even lost a battle for one of his hats at the time. It’s been super cool to see how well the brand has developed in the years since. Anyway, well worth a listen on a cold day. Stay safe out there guys:

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our winter clearance sale is live. Here are some highlights, I'll call them "founder's picks."
1. The OE keystone hoodie. Our first project with Camber USA that led to the creation of a sub-brand called Original Equipment. This hoodie is super heavy duty and can function as outerwear in milder climates. It's cross knit, i.e. the grain is turned 90 deg so that it will wear harder and interior is a super soft brushed cotton fleece. One fit note, it's a little snug. We suggest sizing up for a more roomy fit.
2. The Varsity Jacket. Made by Settlemeirs of Portland, OR. Looks great, fits great. Rock solid.
3. Merino + Cashmere blend Cardigan. Italian yarn, knit in NYC, dry hand, warm, kinda rugged feeling i.e. soft but not so precious that it will bag out or fall apart after a couple of wears.
4. $98 for a heavy AF wool blanket with fabric from American Woolen in Stafford Spring, CT. We have 19 units left and when they gone, they gone.
6. My favorite ball cap of the fall. The OE script ball cap in canvas. I've been wearing it non-stop. I love the maroon color, it's deep and moody and sophisticated.
7. We sell a lot of socks. The Kennedy sock is one of our best sellers and one of my favorites. The fall colors are on sale. Pro-tip, the fall colors were made with high end Egyptian Mako cotton from Filmar of Italy. This is actually higher grade cotton than the white and navy base color (very nice combed cotton from USA). Filmar has a large catalog of colors that can be ordered in small quantities which is why we used it for fall special colors. But the yarn is absolute tops. It's special and worth a try. I'll say it another way, the cotton in the sale socks is nicer than the cotton in the non-sale socks. So hit the sale socks hard. You will not regret it.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color green? Pine, emerald, kelly? green is a wide range.

Personal preference would be darker…forest or racing green. I’d probably buy emerald but kelly would likely be too bright/light for me.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I'm interested in the cashmere slub watchcap but personally very sensitivity to itchiness, so the 55%lambswool content concerns me. Am I better off work the solid color cashmere blend cap that is Merino+ Cashmere? Thanks.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm interested in the cashmere slub watchcap but personally very sensitivity to itchiness, so the 55%lambswool content concerns me. Am I better off work the solid color cashmere blend cap that is Merino+ Cashmere? Thanks.

the cashmere slub watch cap is yarn from Todd and Duncan of Scotland. Their lambswool is superfine lambswool and the softest lambswool i have ever seen. the combo of their cashmere and their lambswool is pretty amazing. In my opinion there is very little itch. it honestly feels as soft as some pure cashmere i've purchased from other places in the past year.

but if you are worried and want pure 100% cashmere, the double knit beanie is 100% cashmere from Scotland, but it's just a higher price point. But it is the most lux hat we have ever made. It is amazing.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
the cashmere slub watch cap is yarn from Todd and Duncan of Scotland. Their lambswool is superfine lambswool and the softest lambswool i have ever seen. the combo of their cashmere and their lambswool is pretty amazing. In my opinion there is very little itch. it honestly feels as soft as some pure cashmere i've purchased from other places in the past year.

but if you are worried and want pure 100% cashmere, the double knit beanie is 100% cashmere from Scotland, but it's just a higher price point. But it is the most lux hat we have ever made. It is amazing.
Thank you for your input. I assume the lambswool/cashmere blend is also warmer than the merino/cashmere blend? Decisions decisions.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miss the fair isle cashmere socks

Last edited:

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our winter clearance sale is live. Here are some highlights, I'll call them "founder's picks."
1. The OE keystone hoodie. Our first project with Camber USA...
7. We sell a lot of socks. The Kennedy sock is one of our best sellers and one of my favorites...

Thanks for the word on the clearance sale!

Scooped up the OE hoodie. Really stoked, have been after a Camber hoodie for years.

Plus of course a bunch of Kennedy socks which have become quite the mainstay in my wardrobe.

Props to Brian for lightening fast customer support to get the fit right!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads