• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Psycho

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, he talked about that in his interview with terry gross. he said he lost like 60 pounds for the machinist. he said he had to gorge himself to get up to a respectable weight to make the screen test for batman.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
If you like the book AP, try Glamorama by BEE - almost as satisfying (and even better in some respects).

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
you guys have made my day.
biggrin.gif
between this and the special edition AP dvd coming out tomorrow, it's looking like a banner week for P.B. thanks again.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you guys have made my day. Â
biggrin.gif
 between this and the special edition AP dvd coming out tomorrow, it's looking like a banner week for P.B. thanks again.
Not to mention the prequel coming out soon -- Bateman Begins.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
already saw it Sat. nite on IMAX(.)==a truly awesome experience. christian bale gives another A+ performance.. according to page six today they are going ahead with the sequel but are dropping Ms. Junior Scientologist.
biggrin.gif

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
l'homme RJ, I see by your avatar that you may be a T.C. fan. If that's the case, please don't rat me out to Bert Fields. "Ms. Junior Scientologist" of course refers to...Jenna Elfman.
tounge.gif

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Turns out that a lot of places are already sold out of limited edition action figure. Â However, there are many listings on ebay for only $12.99. Â This is different than the new 18" figure with sound chip (which has not been releases). Also, click here for the full movie script or here for some AP movie trivia games.

dumadiscount

Reaction score
Special Edition AP dvd coming out? nice.

I have to return some video tapes.

Gatsby

Reaction score
Description from the website:

"... this detailed action figure is a great likeness and includes loads of accessories:

2 Knives
Axe
Briefcase
Video Tape
Nail Gun

Walkman, and Alternate Hand
Includes Newspaper Base"

I love how they include the video tape and walkman. I gotta pick one of these up simply for "weird value".

dumadiscount

Reaction score
nice pick up gatsby.

I can't believe they didn't include a bone with silian rail business card?.?.?. what is the world coming to.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked the novel well enough to write a couple of articles on it,
jason,

what were the articles for? a term paper or something like that?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The character Patrick Bateman seems to be quite popular and a iconic figure with many of the members here. I just saw the movie, and I really want to understand why? Did I need to read the book first?

I get that it's supposed to be a satire of the superficial and materialistic yuppie, hyper consumerism of the 80s, but I just didn't find those parts very funny. My card is more expensive than yours. Ha ha?

Once you get the past the parts that are supposed to be funny, all you're left with is this pathetic, possibly gay, loser. In real life, everybody sees him as a dork and spineless. Or, they don't even remember who he is as he's not important enough to warrant attention. To escape how timid and weak he is in real life, he creates this fantasy world where he becomes this violent, mysogynistic 'killer' where he thinks he kills all those people but doesn't in real life. Even then, he's still not that interesting.

I just cannot fathom the appeal of this character to other forum members except that he wears nice suits.
Because they would like to be as intelligent as Bateman and have enough money to buy what they want instead of working for pinuts and wearing ****** clothes from Ebay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads