• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

America is F*cked.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the women's clothes are pretty nice for the price. The mens clothes are kind of limited by clientelle I think. Men just don't care really. I hope they start hiring more designers for menswear like they do for women.

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
Yes, but men will wear what is available to them. Maybe the people who design the clothing should care, or know what they are doing.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but they don't just have Target available to them, they can go elsewhere that is perceived as less ****. They tried introducing some stuff made my David Bowie's designer last year. I think they need more fashion forward stuff as well as the frumpy stuff and then start to push the better stuff. Not sure why they don't do with menswear what they do with womenswear.

I think the biggest travesty at Target are the shoes. My god, they are awful (minus maybe the desert boots that people on this forum modded). There really is no excuse to not have better styled shoes, even if the quality is crap.

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
I agree. That is what I was trying to say. Low cost and budget does not have to equal poor design, even if the quality isn't so great.

Target actually now have a pair of shoes that almost look okay, or at least better than the Herman Munster shoes they usually sell. They are made of plastic-like leather, but I bet with some polishing tricks you could make them look decent. I think these were the ones I look at, but I remember looking a bit better in person.

All I am saying is that there is no reason a human being should be allowed to walk into a store, and walk out with an olive toothbrush holder that has palm trees all over it.

The only way to ensure that it does not happen it to start at the beginning, which would be with the designer; and the place where they should have learned to never design something like that in the first place.

Some people might think that this is all a matter of an opinion, but I think you have the draw the line somewhere; or else you end up in the position we are currently in.

People will buy what is available to them, no matter what it is. If you take options away from them, they will buy the next option in line because most people do not have any idea what they actually want to begin with.

Americans like one-stop shopping -- they love superstores -- they are the same people who go to the Home Depot to remodel their homes. These people are big marsupialed adults who will buy any garbage that is thrown in front of them -- why not make it nicer so they will stop pooring up the rest of the world?

From my experiences, some of these people even appreciate some unexpected help and learning that what is being fed to them is complete junk.

It could be very simple.

buyer's remorse

Reaction score
for those who couldn't make it past the 30 second mark, the video just continues to validate your sense of self-importance in what could be the most unspectacular circle jerk.

buyer's remorse

Reaction score
i also find it hilariously ironic (but not surprising at the same) that someone who whines and complains so much about design also looks like complete ****. i can't help but think he's just mad that he's not getting the business he want. what a sore loser!

p.s. perhaps he could learn a thing or two about dressing the part from this messageboard. and why the hell is he so goddamn fat?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by buyer's remorse
i also find it hilariously ironic (but not surprising at the same) that someone who whines and complains so much about design also looks like complete ****. i can't help but think he's just mad that he's not getting the business he want. what a sore loser!

p.s. perhaps he could learn a thing or two about dressing the part from this messageboard. and why the hell is he so goddamn fat?

The irony runs deep. I noticed this too.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This video made me sad. This guy is talking about ugly utilitarian **** that had no soul or design when it was created, it doesn´t have any iota of it today either. So he concocted all this notion of 'cultural /aesthetic' significance in his head attached to that disposable crap and now sincerely grieving about American motor lodge cultural heritage slipping away.

This is truly idiotic sorta like watching 'Antique road-show' and seeing Americans bringing some 'big boy' gas station sign and trying to appraise it.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Great thread
smile.gif

This really comes down to an increasingly cultureless society .... not just American society but Western society in general. There is so much empty banality -- at all levels of society.

jhao

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buyer's remorse

+1, I don't get involved in the "fat", but he do looks like ****.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though he is correct on ideaology, Draplin's design are slightly boring/uninspired.

I do want to buy a sign for ***** and giggles though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads