• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Depreciation Thread

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few days too late for April Fools? MLB Official Merchandise by Allen Edmonds Celebrate America's National Pastime with the Great American Shoe Company! Introducing our new line of MLB OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE, including 3 baseball-inspired shoes with embroidered team logos and 4 cedar items laser-engraved with team logos. Shop the new collection at www.allenedmonds.com and Allen Edmonds Retail Stores nationwide.
a0fo6a.jpg
sdgwwn.jpg
waq3uv.jpg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first one is pretty interesting just for its spot-on evocation of an actual baseball with that red stitching around the front. The Red Sox (third) one doesn't look half bad to my eye, but I don't wear boat shoes to begin with.

jmoody15

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
The Red Sox (third) one doesn't look half bad to my eye, but I don't wear boat shoes to begin with.

I'm with you here...

These look much better than the boat shoes my dad wears, so I'm thinking these will be a great birthday present for him (if they add his team by then).

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this isn't an April fool's joke..................................
facepalm.gif

runner-guy

Reaction score
I know some people here like the look of boat shoes, but I think all three of those are awful.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate...

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're forgetting... Allen Edmonds is an American company. I'm sure these will appeal to some of AE's taget audience.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure what there is to be so offended about here. The shoes aren't all that awful, in fact they're kind of fun, and they're boat shoes, for goodness sakes. As long as they're well-made and aren't diluting the brand or quality, who cares?

Besides, it's not like most of y'all buying used shoes and closeouts on the B&S forum at 80% discounts off retail are keeping the lights on over there.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Not sure what there is to be so offended about here. The shoes aren't all that awful, in fact they're kind of fun, and they're boat shoes, for goodness sakes. As long as they're well-made and aren't diluting the brand or quality, who cares?

Besides, it's not like most of y'all buying used shoes and closeouts on the B&S forum at 80% discounts off retail are keeping the lights on over there.

I dont think we keep the lights on anywhere. I think J or LA guy said that MC was responsible for like 10% of SF's revenue. But we whine the most, huzzah!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This line reeks of a desperate attempt to resuscitate an ailing company. These are shoes I would expect from Skechers. But I suppose if a company wants to stay in biz these days, it will do what it gots to do to get a piece anywhere it can. FAIL in my book.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads