• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look great. I love my chili Bleeckers. The combination sole is nice, and I really like the design. Perforated cap toe seems strange on a chukka, but it totally works here. I wear them semi-casually and even with suits occasionally. Probably the most versatile pair of shoes I own (and among the most complimented).

Thanks , yeah they are very versatile.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What last is that Madison Park on?

I did a web search and the Nordies web page doesn't list the last. Looks 65 last to me, but I could be wrong.

I have a pair of those. They are most definitely not on 65. I'd i had to guess, I'd say 222.

Moose22

Reaction score
I have a pair of those. They are most definitely not on 65. I'd i had to guess, I'd say 222.

Thanks

Another post confirms this is 222 -- though @Neo1 seems to think maybe 108.

Haven't tried either last. Probably easier for me to find a Nordies than make the 120 mile trip to an AE store, I should just go try the darned things on if they have them.

Last edited:

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Another post confirms this is 222 -- though @Neo1
seems to think maybe 108.

Haven't tried either last. Probably easier for me to find a Nordies than make the 120 mile trip to an AE store, I should just go try the darned things on if they have them.

Only Nordstrom carries them at this point.

Moose22

Reaction score
Only Nordstrom carries them at this point.

Yeah, that's my point. It's a lot easier for me to try them on than if they were an AE offering, as AE's nearest store takes an hour or two (depending on traffic) to visit.

Scarlet

Reaction score
Chilli Bleecker St. today..

They are amazingly comfortable and sleek , AE should bring them back at least for MTO (in exotic shell..wishful thinking I know...)

I would have my feet in a pair SO fast. You rock them good.

Here are some snaps of me wearing the Larchmonts. I'm gonna miss the 333 last, if it is truly going away. It's probably my best fitting AE last.

You rock those good too, they look well loved. There's been a pair of Bocas in my size in the Shoe Bank right now that I've been very tempted to get. I just can't see myself wearing chisel toes with any of my outfits. But I can't deny the 333 is a cool looking last.

Last edited:

Mark_Y

Reaction score
New bourbon Fifth Ave from the Winter clearance sale.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chilli Bleecker St. today..

They are amazingly comfortable and sleek , AE should bring them back at least for MTO (in exotic shell..wishful thinking I know...)
Those look great. I love my chili Bleeckers. The combination sole is nice, and I really like the design. Perforated cap toe seems strange on a chukka, but it totally works here. I wear them semi-casually and even with suits occasionally. Probably the most versatile pair of shoes I own (and among the most complimented).
Thanks , yeah they are very versatile.

I love my Bleeckers! So happy that Earl talked me into the dark chili over the brown. Definitely my most versatile pair of AEs, replacing my Kennies.

Levi1

Reaction score
Always loved the look of the bleecker street. Unfortunately, they never made them in my width (2e)

redmusic1

Reaction score
New bourbon Fifth Ave from the Winter clearance sale.

Those pants almost look poplin in the pic. I'm sitting here thinking, "Unless this guy lives in Brazil, no way. It was 27 degrees in Mississippi this morning."

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although some bad pictures were viewed here a few weeks ago, I thought I would share some new pictures of the Belmont in shark skin. The Belmont is a split toe blucher on the 8 last and can be found in the 2002 AE catalog in black and brown. The leather has a medium stiffness and the shoes have a double oak sole. Yes, the leather is as textured as it appears in the pictures. The sole, plus the "tough as nails" reputation of shark, indicate these shoes will last a very long time. They are definitely a statement shoe that I plan to wear with nice slacks and a sport coat. Discuss.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although some bad pictures were viewed here a few weeks ago, I thought I would share some new pictures of the Belmont in shark skin. The Belmont is a split toe blucher on the 8 last and can be found in the 2002 AE catalog in black and brown. The leather has a medium stiffness and the shoes have a double oak sole. Yes, the leather is as textured as it appears in the pictures. The sole, plus the "tough as nails" reputation of shark, indicate these shoes will last a very long time. They are definitely a statement shoe that I plan to wear with nice slacks and a sport coat. Discuss.

I kinda think the jacket has to be velvet, preferably crushed. And also, purple.

1f600.png

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the words of Bo Jackson on the AT&T commercials - that's a strong shoe. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads