• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eh, not sure I agree. Brannock is 2 dimensional only while some lasts (or certainly shoes) take into account at least 3 dimensions (or the 3rd dimension at different points)

I just know this from being misfit on ski boots for years and years until somebody finally figured out that I my foot was thicker than normal at a couple points

I agree with you that shoe fitting is not limited to two dimensions, but as a starting point using a reference that is arbitrary makes it hard to gauge.

We should start with Brannock and go with more specificity from there.

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took off today, so I'm fighting the heat in some Maritimes. Love the fit and comfort (after having a couple of pairs with significant humps in the footbed). My only beef is that these and my Kirkwoods discolor my socks or feet. Hasn't improved with more wears either.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took off today, so I'm fighting the heat in some Maritimes. Love the fit and comfort (after having a couple of pairs with significant humps in the footbed). My only beef is that these and my Kirkwoods discolor my socks or feet. Hasn't improved with more wears either.

Love the golden brown, I saw a pair in my size at the shoebank I might need to grab. I love my pair in Navy, they don't discolour my feet as they are natural leather coloured on the inside. They have been my go-to casual shoe this summer.

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the golden brown, I saw a pair in my size at the shoebank I might need to grab. I love my pair in Navy, they don't discolour my feet as they are natural leather coloured on the inside. They have been my go-to casual shoe this summer.

Interesting. My blue Kirkwoods are way worse then the Golden Maritimes.

CMT1

Reaction score
Add me to the list of Bick 4 fans! My Dundees have always been on the dry side, even straight from the factory, and while I've applied VSC twice in the ~ 6 months I've owned them, they've still always been the driest shell I own.

Bick 4 was easy to apply and remove, and seems to have nourished the shell very well. I always apply product sparingly, and could probably have used more than I did, but it still left behind a killer shine after the requisite, fervent post-product brushing.

I hope everyone's week is going well, as always!

CGKIII

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement:

Shoe trees are now on sale at JAB for $15 a pair.
$15/pair is still a bit much, doubt we'll see $8-$9 again, but I'm holding out for $10 or better.

I counted recently and have over 30 pairs...of AE...wingtips...but still have at least one hole that I plan on filling if we get a trunk show this year (Natural Shell Dalton).

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering where I fit in among the AE connoisseurs, I decided to do an inventory of my AE shoes:

- Ashland - 10E (my first pair, my second pair and subsequent pairs come 12 years after)
- Banchory grey
- Dundee shell
- Dundee 2.0 brown calf
- McAllister Bourbon
- Dalton Bourbon
- Leeds brown calf - 10E
- MacNeil 2.0 Chili
- PA brown calf
- McTavish Tan
- Gobi Snuff Suede
- Amok sand suede - should have sized up width wise to E, but managed to stretched it by inserting XL shoe trees in them.

Unless otherwise stated, they are all 10D.

Last edited:

Moose22

Reaction score
I'm very tempted too, but am torn as I work in a a more casual environment. So I do want to be able to wear with jeans and khakis. More so since I ordered the Park Ave in merlot already.
I got someone on the phone right away and placed my Park Ave order from the Brookfield location. I'm still waiting for the shipping confirmation though. How long does that usually take for others? I placed my order on Monday.

No idea right now, but I ordered on the flash sale over the 4th of july (the one on the main site) and it took a while. I think the third day after I ordered I got shipping confirmation.

I still haven't gotten an email back form my inquiries a couple days ago, which are in Port Washington. They're probably dealing with a good deal of traffic with the sale, is my guess, so you'll have to be a little patient.

As for my attempts to get shoes, I called a couple more times and got voice mail every one. No response to my email, so I think I'm taking the other advice in the forum and calling Ben tomorrow. Glad to know any outlet can help, as the Port Washington store is the main one, is it not? Probably a different vibe there.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of Bick 4 fans! My Dundees have always been on the dry side, even straight from the factory, and while I've applied VSC twice in the ~ 6 months I've owned them, they've still always been the driest shell I own.

Bick 4 was easy to apply and remove, and seems to have nourished the shell very well. I always apply product sparingly, and could probably have used more than I did, but it still left behind a killer shine after the requisite, fervent post-product brushing.

I hope everyone's week is going well, as always!

Good work. Bick 4 is great.

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Moose22, Ben's there alone on Fri. If it goes to the machine, call back. He'll be happy to talk to you.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

No idea right now, but I ordered on the flash sale over the 4th of july (the one on the main site) and it took a while. I think the third day after I ordered I got shipping confirmation.

I still haven't gotten an email back form my inquiries a couple days ago, which are in Port Washington. They're probably dealing with a good deal of traffic with the sale, is my guess, so you'll have to be a little patient.

As for my attempts to get shoes, I called a couple more times and got voice mail every one. No response to my email, so I think I'm taking the other advice in the forum and calling Ben tomorrow. Glad to know any outlet can help, as the Port Washington store is the main one, is it not? Probably a different vibe there.

Happy to be patient. It's just my first time ordering from Shoe Bank (AE for that matter) and when I talked to the CS rep on Monday to place my order he said I should get my shoes by this Friday or Monday. Got the email invoice, but crickets on the shipping notification.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Got to see the Independence Collection Strand today!
It's got another name but I can't recall it.

The finish looks great. Need to find a reason to try them on :)

RichieP

Reaction score
@rc121 @Neo1 Re: suede Gobi sizing. I'm 9.5 on the brannock but 10D fits me just right on the 65 last. Tried the suede Gobi earlier this year. 10D were swimming on me. We tried a 9.5D and my big toe was just poking the front of the shoe. I probably needed a 10C but don't think they made 'em in that width. So I had to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads