• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

garland

Reaction score

YoungSweet

Reaction score

garland

Reaction score
Haha that's my go to store, Steve is a great guy.

Denton, let me know what else you find there. TIA

Yeah Steve is great! I worked with him for about a year.

AlgisLT

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm sorry, if this is the wrong place to ask, but I just wanted to know, for how much I could sell these shoes (black color): http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF9501_1_40000000001_-1?style=9501

I found them in botique shop and they cost 78 EUR (88 USD). One of the shoes has a nearly invisible small scratch on the side. They have never been worn, the sole is all new and the leather is without any creases. The box is missing.

I have black shoes myself so I would like to buy these and sell them. But how much could I get?

Sorry once again if this is the wrong place.

Al Dente

Reaction score

Guys, can someone tell me what's the deal with Factory seconds belts? What kind of defects usually they have? Worth to purchase? 

I have bought some. One had a tiny mark where the burnish was off. I also tried a Manistee in Bourbon. It was too dark, but otherwise flawless. I sent it back and am trying anew with this sale.

Al Dente

Reaction score

If I recall it correctly, for example, the manistee belt is usually listed for 69 but they down to $49 now.

The belts were behind the shoes by a day or two for showing the lower price, but they have the reduced prices showing now.

Buster Brown

Reaction score

Hello,

I'm sorry, if this is the wrong place to ask, but I just wanted to know, for how much I could sell these shoes (black color): http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF9501_1_40000000001_-1?style=9501

I found them in botique shop and they cost 78 EUR (88 USD). One of the shoes has a nearly invisible small scratch on the side. They have never been worn, the sole is all new and the leather is without any creases. The box is missing.

I have black shoes myself so I would like to buy these and sell them. But how much could I get?

Sorry once again if this is the wrong place.

Are you certain they're shell cordovan? Either way, the Leeds is a fairly popular style. Search eBay for 'sold' listings and you'll see what others are getting.

CaptFinny

Reaction score
I discovered some excellent tent sale prices on briefcases and went slightly nuts.

Walnut Strand Slim - $147
Walnut Strand Messenger Bag - $147
Black Park Avenue Slim - $69 (!)

Why do I need 3 bags? Still not sure, but that hasn't stopped me before.

Where do you see bags and briefcases? I only see shoes and belts. :(

Though it's probably better I can't find them. Wife is not going to be happy when I get my latest shoes in the mail.

Just Ordered:
Patriot in Burgundy (V Tread)
Fifth Street Boot in Black

Already Have:
Walnut Strand
Merlot McAllister

I think these two newest pairs will really round out my small (but growing) collection. Now I just need to figure out how to get a pair of Dalton's without her finding out. Which reminds me, based on what I already have, what do you think the best color for a Dalton would be?

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where do you see bags and breifcases?  I only see shoes and belts. :(

Though it's probably better I can't find them.  Wife is not going to be happy when I get my latest shoes in the mail.

Just Ordered:
Fifth Street Boot in Black

Already Have:

Walnut Strand
Merlot McAllister

I think these two newest paiurs will really round out my small (but growing) collection.  Now I just need to figure out how to get a pair of Dalton's without her finding out.  Which reminds me, based on what I already have, what do you think the best color for a Dalton would be?

I would say the dark chocolate since you don't have a dark brown shoe.

Wait. How do you not have a dark brown shoe?????!!!!

There's something unicornish in my sig that may fit you ;)

Last edited:

esk8mw

Reaction score
Where do you see bags and breifcases? I only see shoes and belts. :(

Though it's probably better I can't find them. Wife is not going to be happy when I get my latest shoes in the mail.

Just Ordered:
Fifth Street Boot in Black

Already Have:
Walnut Strand
Merlot McAllister

I think these two newest paiurs will really round out my small (but growing) collection. Now I just need to figure out how to get a pair of Dalton's without her finding out. Which reminds me, based on what I already have, what do you think the best color for a Dalton would be?
Bags are not on the website - need to call an outlet location and talk to someone - or go to the actual outlet store and see what they have in stock. I got the sense the stock was pretty thin but who knows.

As for Daltons, I have the Bourbon and really like them. I would get those or one of the "red" tones - merlot, oxblood, dark chili etc.

CaptFinny

Reaction score
I would say the dark chocolate since you don't have a dark brown shoe.

Wait. How do you not have a dark brown shoe?????!!!!

There's something unicornish in my sig that may fit you
wink.gif

Ah yes I was looking at both pairs. Both beautiful but I can't even imagine how mad she would be if I spent even more on used shoes. Plus I need more casual shoes before I get any more dress shoes. Maybe a boat shoe...

Bags are not on the website - need to call an outlet location and talk to someone - or go to the actual outlet store and see what they have in stock. I got the sense the stock was pretty thin but who knows.

As for Daltons, I have the Bourbon and really like them. I would get those or one of the "red" tones - merlot, oxblood, dark chili etc.

Thanks for the info about the bags. Good to know. I wonder if I could email the outlets and ask if they have some of the ones I'm interested in. I like the Bourbon but I've heard the color doesn't stay once you polish. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.

Last edited:

Denton

Reaction score

I discovered some excellent tent sale prices on briefcases and went slightly nuts.

Walnut Strand Slim - $147
Walnut Strand Messenger Bag - $147
Black Park Avenue Slim - $69 (!)

Why do I need 3 bags? Still not sure, but that hasn't stopped me before.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered the black Park Avenue slim, for $69 I can't say no. The Black PA Slim is the featured bag, nothing else is $69.

For anyone who wants the killer briefcase prices, call the Shoebank directly at 262-284-7158.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah yes I was looking at both pairs.  Both beautiful but I can't even imagine how mad she would be if I spent even more on used shoes.  Plus I need more casual shoes before I get any more dress shoes.  Maybe a boat shoe...

Haha! I'm with you. But if you're gonna get a Dalton, get the dark brown one. There's still one left in our size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members