• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

garland

Reaction score
Saw a new stock on shoebank for the Barlett with no image. I don't think I have heard of it before. Judging from the price at 394, they must be a boot of some sort. Could this be a new boot for the fall? I'm intrigued.

Barlett is the new Independence collection version of the strand. Get it and post pictures! :)

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought about ordering jefferson in walnut as price is too good to pass up, but I like bluchers more than the bals. Ended up ordering rogue in walnut....

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Barlett is the new Independence collection version of the strand. Get it and post pictures! :)

Of course you have the inside scoops. I'm going to pass since I'm officially out of shoes budget for the year .... yah ... can't really justify since i already have 2 pairs of strands.

garland

Reaction score
Of course you have the inside scoops. I'm going to pass since I'm officially out of shoes budget for the year .... yah ... can't really justify since i already have 2 pairs of strands.

But are they buttery-soft-lambskin-lined-slippers-posing-as-dress-shoes? I didnt think so.

haha just kidding with you. I understand all too well about shoe budgets....
shog[1].gif

YoungSweet

Reaction score

I discovered some excellent tent sale prices on briefcases and went slightly nuts.

Walnut Strand Slim - $147
Walnut Strand Messenger Bag - $147
Black Park Avenue Slim - $69 (!)

Why do I need 3 bags? Still not sure, but that hasn't stopped me before.

Bags huh... I'm out of shoes budget but don't have a budget for bags. I can't go over if I don't have one, right?

Maxy

Reaction score
Guys, can someone tell me what's the deal with Factory seconds belts? What kind of defects usually they have? Worth to purchase?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, can someone tell me what's the deal with Factory seconds belts? What kind of defects usually they have? Worth to purchase? 

I have two and they're totally fine. They look loads better than the coated faux leather Shlock I was buying from TJ Maxx before...

esk8mw

Reaction score
Bags huh... I'm out of shoes budget but don't have a budget for bags. I can't go over if I don't have one, right?
That's the approach I took. Although I also bought Gobis as well despite not really needing any more shoes so I probably wouldn't look to me for any ideas in budget discipline...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed there's a walnut grain First Ave boot in my size. Under 3 bills.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, too have a few belt related questions:
-Are the belts marked down on the shoebank site? Unlike the shoes, the heading doesn't reference the tent sale, only saying "prices are as indicated below." (I don't usually peruse the belts, so I have no comparison.)
-Does anyone have a good rec for a belt to match the dark/burnished chili? I was looking at the Dry Wolf chili, but worried it might be the "old" chili color.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Denton

Reaction score

Most of my seconds belts have seemed flawless. The one exception was a black belt with white stitching, the stitching had unraveled a bit in one spot...but for $20 on sale I still bought it.

Been happy with my seconds, worst was tiger-striped Bourbon Kenilworth that I still kept. To me, seconds are seconds, don't be so damn fussy.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, too have a few belt related questions:
-Are the belts marked down on the shoebank site? Unlike the shoes, the heading doesn't reference the tent sale, only saying "prices are as indicated below." (I don't usually peruse the belts, so I have no comparison.)
-Does anyone have a good rec for a belt to match the dark/burnished chili? I was looking at the Dry Wolf chili, but worried it might be the "old" chili color.

Thanks!
If I recall it correctly, for example, the manistee belt is usually listed for 69 but they down to $49 now.

Denton

Reaction score

I discovered some excellent tent sale prices on briefcases and went slightly nuts.

Walnut Strand Slim - $147
Walnut Strand Messenger Bag - $147
Black Park Avenue Slim - $69 (!)

Why do I need 3 bags? Still not sure, but that hasn't stopped me before.

BRB GUYZ GOING TO ALLEN EDMONDS STORE IN RESTON

nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics