• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I posted a while back about looking for some black stitch cap toes. I was looking for something sleek with somewhat of a European shape. I really like the 108 last (have the Clifton in brown and burg.) but there isn't a stitch cap on that last currently and the PA doesn't really suit me. A few of my fellow forum members suggested Meermin or Loake 1800. (The AS, CJ and others are out of my price range) I have found a pair from each I am interested in and would like to hear a few opinions. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks!! Meermin 101198 - Black Calf, Hiro last, $210 shipped
WWW_2033_133.png
Loake 1800 Aldwych, Capital last, $277 shipped
Loake-Loake%20Aldwych-Black%20Calf-2388-1288-1_med.jpg
Not sure if you are willing to try used, but you should set up an ebay search for Allen Edmonds Niles. Not sure if they come in black, but they are cap toe shoes on the 8 last. I found a pair in brown. Pictures of Niles

Last edited:

jfo2010

Reaction score
Not sure if you are willing to try used, but you should set up an ebay search for Allen Edmonds Niles. Not sure if they come in black, but they are cap toe shoes on the 8 last. I found a pair in brown.

Pictures of Niles

I have looked for a pair in 10D for a while now but no luck. I wish they would bring them back. I guess I'm going to roll the dice on the Meermin's.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Will AE recraft a shoe to a different size and/or width on the same last, or perhaps, even use entirely different last?

What effect will this have on a shoe if going up/down half a size in length and/or one size in width?

Thanks

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found them at Nordstrom Rack in January. They are first quality Player's Shoes. I was shocked to see them there. They were also $179.

I've worn them maybe 7-8 times, so far. It was a long winter.

Also, the 222 last is extremely narrow and long. I normally wear 8.5D in the 5 last, 8E on the 1 last, etc., and found these in 8EEE (8 3E), and they fit rather well. I probably would actually size as 8EE (8 2E) on the 222 last, but I don't know if they ever offered that width.

Look how narrow the waist is for a 3E shoe...

Pictures from when they were new:

Nice find!!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have real life pics of the Walnut Leeds?

Seems like it would be a great shoe and I never hear it talked about or posted.

I think a walnut GRAIN leeds would be extra-awesome

RichieP

Reaction score

Just ordered these shell 2nds and noticed the one cap toe is significantly shinier. Is this something that was covered up or just less buffing

Nice score. I was eyeing a brown pair in my size (10D) on the Shoebank over a week ago, hoping it would last until the sale started. Alas, it did not.

Oh well, better for my wallet for now. :happy:

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score

Hi all.

Will AE recraft a shoe to a different size and/or width on the same last, or perhaps, even use entirely different last?

What effect will this have on a shoe if going up/down half a size in length and/or one size in width?

Thanks

This thought crossed my mind when I realized I sized my first three pairs a width too wide (13E instead of D), but figured I'd ask when it came time to resole.

I'm borderline wide so it's not bad, but I've learned to embrace the initial snugness of the D width. They centrally break in and become my favorite pairs.

th6252

Reaction score
I posted a while back about looking for some black stitch cap toes. I was looking for something sleek with somewhat of a European shape. I really like the 108 last (have the Clifton in brown and burg.) but there isn't a stitch cap on that last currently and the PA doesn't really suit me. A few of my fellow forum members suggested Meermin or Loake 1800. (The AS, CJ and others are out of my price range) I have found a pair from each I am interested in and would like to hear a few opinions. Anyone have experience with these? Thanks!!

Meermin 101198 - Black Calf, Hiro last, $210 shipped

Loake 1800 Aldwych, Capital last, $277 shipped

if PA don't really work for you, you can get carmina captoes for roughly the same price with the weak euro..

Last edited:

geoloop

Reaction score
My quest for some ~~$100 AE dress shoes in brown/walnut/merlot continues with no signs of progress :(

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found them at Nordstrom Rack in January. They are first quality Player's Shoes. I was shocked to see them there. They were also $179.

I've worn them maybe 7-8 times, so far. It was a long winter.

Also, the 222 last is extremely narrow and long. I normally wear 8.5D in the 5 last, 8E on the 1 last, etc., and found these in 8EEE (8 3E), and they fit rather well. I probably would actually size as 8EE (8 2E) on the 222 last, but I don't know if they ever offered that width.

Look how narrow the waist is for a 3E shoe...

Pictures from when they were new:
Wore the exact same shoes / same color earlier this week - still one of my all time favorites. People have been comparing the LGA to them - they look similar, but the players definitely look more sleek. I didn't own many AEs at the time and was convinced by one of the SAs that I should only be looking at 65-lasted styles. I think I had the PA, Neumok & McTavish as my primary lineup. Needless to say, when the player fit better than any of them, things kind of changed from there.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell cordo Dalton boots today:

Sixers_610

Reaction score

The seller is legit, I have bought a couple pair from him without any issues. But yes, you need to look at all pics because he usually has some rough ones!

My sentiments exactly. I've bought shoes from dabondo, and he's great. The thing is you have to actually look at the shoes in the pictures carefully, and don't rely on the description. It's pretty much the same description no matter what, unless there is SIGNIFICANT damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members