• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgp001

Reaction score
Quick q:

Any love for the LaSalle?

I had the Chili LaSalle's, loved them. Great with business casual or chinos, even dressy jeans. They do have the poron insole, which I love as it's super comfortable, but some believe will decrease the useful life of the shoe.

jch1

Reaction score
Just spoke with Allison. As many of you know, helping us on SF with our MTO requests is only one of her responsibilities. She, as well as most of the outlet locations, is currently inundated with requests from the 2/$250 sale. She asked for me to relay the message that she hasn't forgotten about anyone's inquiries, she's just quite busy.

wangjt

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love amazon.

Got a pair of fifth avenues for about $120s + tax... brand new (not seconds). Wasn't suppose to be this low. Suppose to be getting it at $210 but I'm not sure what they did when they applied the promotion code but it made it much much lower. I'm not complaining =). First pair of AEs and I'm excited it'll arrive today.

LeviMay

Reaction score

I had the Chili LaSalle's, loved them. Great with business casual or chinos, even dressy jeans. They do have the poron insole, which I love as it's super comfortable, but some believe will decrease the useful life of the shoe.

Thanks!

Does the insole affect the sizing, as with the Brooks models?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I found it to be slightly more snug in a resting position but I would not change sizes because of it. I also thought that once walking in them you kind of sink into the insole which made them lose a bit of tightness if that makes sense.

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score
Football Patriots in 13E equipped with pedag insoles and tongue pads in...the curse of wide forefoot and narrow heel.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
I love amazon.

Got a pair of fifth avenues for about $120s + tax... brand new (not seconds). Wasn't suppose to be this low. Suppose to be getting it at $210 but I'm not sure what they did when they applied the promotion code but it made it much much lower. I'm not complaining =). First pair of AEs and I'm excited it'll arrive today.

This deal still good?
stirpot.gif

bgp001

Reaction score
Thanks!

I think it depends on your foot. I jump from an 8.0E in the 5-last on leather insole shoes, to an 8.5D on poron insole shoes due to the decrease in interior volume. I understand, this is not the case for everyone.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea same here..however the lady said another such sale in August. The end of summer can't come soon enough!
Those of us in the North East would like to kick you in the nuts for saying that ......with all do respect of course.

Flokk

Reaction score
Gotta love these sales, nice way to try a lot of new styles. Snagged Eagle Country, Elgin, Bruce, and Finch. Probably the sale dregs but that's cool.
bigstar[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads