• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackboot

Reaction score

You could just have your cobbler shorten the 34 length belt - they'll shorten it from the buckle end. There's a store in San Fran I was at that only orders 44 in Smathers and Branson belts because they can customize the fit right there with you. Pretty genius if you ask me.

Ha, well in that case I'll admit that this is kinda what I've been doing for a while myself with casual belts. I just order the largest size (which is usually in stock - even for sale items) and then shorten the end myself. This only works for plain, casual belts that I can cut the end and not have it look ghetto of course. Then I use a dremel to accurately make clean, new holes.

I hadn't thought about having my dress belts shortened from the buckle end. Great idea. Thanks for that.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the Amok. I'm normally a 13D but they only had 13E so I'm hoping they work. Reading the reviews I'm optimistic and I'll be interested to see how they compare to my Alden unlined. For less than $130 shipped it seemed like a cracking deal. Now I just need some spring-like weather...

tampatravel

Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up those light colored AMOKs and then dying them Navy Blue.

A) Is this stupid?
2) Is dying difficult to do besides the whole masking stuff off obviously
C) Has anyone had good luck dying a suede AE shoe?

Reaction score
Do you guys have any recommendation for business casual AE from the sale I should get to wear everyday? I already have a pair black PA and walnut Strands. Looking for another pair to wear everyday and keep the other pairs fresh.

anrobit

Reaction score
Hens' teeth? Yeah, I guess those are rare.

A virgin giving birth? I suppose that's unusual.

Brand-new, first-quality walnut shell Strands, straight from a forgotten shelf in an AE storage shed? NO WAY!!!

Well, here they are . . .

Nice and bloom-y too:

Nice pickup! I guess a little birdie told you about them, huh?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will be pleased with the extra width

I hope so. I went for an E width in the Alden Leydons and they're awesome, and some reviews suggested the Amok also ran a little narrow.

I was thinking of picking up those light colored AMOKs and then dying them Navy Blue.

A) Is this stupid?
2) Is dying difficult to do besides the whole masking stuff off obviously
C) Has anyone had good luck dying a suede AE shoe?

I believe Namor has been known to dye shoes. You don't likey the light?

Reaction score
I'm deciding between the Snuff suede Neumok and the walnut Sanford, since the Elgin is out of my size. Which pair suits better for everyday business casual?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hens' teeth? Yeah, I guess those are rare.

A virgin giving birth? I suppose that's unusual.

Brand-new, first-quality walnut shell Strands, straight from a forgotten shelf in an AE storage shed? NO WAY!!!

Well, here they are . . .

Nice and bloom-y too:

Holy crud! You should definitely go out and buy a lottery ticket NOW!!!

The Walnut Shell Strands are my favorite pair of shoes in my entire collection, not even a question. If I could get another pair today, I wouldn't think twice about it. I love them that much... :)

Someone asked about the bloom, that is like a 15 second fix with a cotton cloth. Shouldn't even require brushing.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I actually managed to purchase a pair of Walnut Shell Dundee's from a fellow SF member...

I am planning to wear these bad boys tomorrow!

It honestly took me a while to warm up to the Chukka design, but these are now my third pair of Chukkas (first is Alden Color 8, second AE Snuff Amok - Definitely worth the $125ish that they run right now!!!)

-Mike

Last edited:

dmwave45

Reaction score
I just got these new Strands the other day, they are firsts. Everything is great except for this spot on the brogue. The last six holes just weren't sewed and you can see the thread just hanging out. Is this going to be an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads