• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
Idk . . . chainsaw seems like less work.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Yeah... I bet if they had chainsaws in china back then they probably would have just done that. It's so much more practical right?

esk8mw

Reaction score
They're only available at Lands' End and the only size they show on their website is 9 D. Not sure if they will ever get any more.

I just emailed an outlet to ask about seconds and they had one left in any size...10.5B in black. It's a half size off and not even the color I want but I felt like I had to make the purchase because of fate and all.

abi1986

Reaction score

Could be a sizing mistake.  A slight creasing maybe acceptable but that is a lot of creasing on the toe caps.

Thank you for your perspective, i think i agree with you.
But i can't figure out how. From what i know, creasing on toe cap should happen when the shoe is too big... And in my case it's impossible! :brick:
Before buying them i tried the AE size chart at home and to that i should be 11D.
Then i tried them in store, but in Italy i could findjust the PA or Strand and just in EEE width: 11 was like a boat, 10.5 was a bit big, so i opted to order them in 10E. When they arrived they were tight and they are becoming ok just now after 6-7 wears...
Could it be just a width error?
Or maybe it's just the wrong last for my foot...

chen04

Reaction score
Does Cordovan Leeds only come in Burgundy and Black? Are other colors special order only?

Subutai

Reaction score
Does Cordovan Leeds only come in Burgundy and Black? Are other colors special order only?

Yup. Gotta MTO for anything else...although "anything else" at this point means brown cordovan

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My other two sale purchases this time around . . . black and burgundy shell Leeds:

Re: the former, I had bought them a month ago at $449 and decided they were a little too rough for that price. They were still en route back to AE when I found about the price drop. I had Vincenzo intercept, hang on to, and re-send them.

And, re: the latter, creasing and obvious other signs of try-on, and some puckering of the shell on the right eyestay of the right shoe - but otherwise they look pretty damn good.

AE shell: buy one pair, get one free!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are going for $299 2nds burgundy cordovan leeds. Worth the premium to pay extra for brown?
I'm afraid you're the only one who can answer that. If you don't have any shell cordovan, though, it seems burgundy is the place to start (since #8 is the most classic color for the material and it will match just about any color of outfit).

chen04

Reaction score
My other two sale purchases this time around . . . black and burgundy shell Leeds:

Re: the former, I had bought them a month ago at $449 and decided they were a little too rough for that price. They were still en route back to AE when I found about the price drop. I had Vincenzo intercept, hang on to, and re-send them.

And, re: the latter, creasing and obvious other signs of try-on, and some puckering of the shell on the right eyestay of the right shoe - but otherwise they look pretty damn good.

AE shell: buy one pair, get one free!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Great purchases! So pretty. Simple, yet elegant. How are you caring for them? I purchased a burgundy cordovan cream from AE. Was wondering if this is good? or Venetian Shoe Cream okay? I'd like to shine them up real good.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks! I just follow the "Mac method." If you're not familiar with it, you can read up on it here:

http://mcarthurstreasures.blogspot.com/2013/02/break-in-and-shell-cordovan-care.html

The tl;dr version is, (1) wipe with damp cloth and allow to dry; (2) brush like hell; (3) buff. It's a gradual process but over time they will age and patina beautifully.

I know others are a little more aggressive with products, so perhaps one or two of them will chime in . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads