• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Thanks. The Neumora is on the 333-last, so it has a chiseled toe while the Mora 2.0 is on the 8-last and has a round toe. I suppose they are basically the same shoes in different lasts, so I can see why they discontinued the Neumora.

How did you size the 8-last compared to others?

I went with the same size I take on most AE lasts. This is my first pair of shoes on the 8-last, and my initial thought is that it seems to be similar to the 5-last, but perhaps slightly narrower. I'm not positive about it though, as I was wearing some medium thickness socks instead of thin dress socks today.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Does someone have the link for that catalog of MTO options handy? Or remember which catalog it is on the issuu AE directory?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacktasticGDogg

Those look amazing man. Are monk straps classic like lace ups?

kentyman

Reaction score
Does someone have the link for that catalog of MTO options handy? Or remember which catalog it is on the issuu AE directory?

Not really. This is the best I could come up with, though I didn't get much feedback on what I was missing:

I'm looking into an Eagle County MTO and in such wanted to gather all the options I have available. From looking some other MTOs, I've come up with the following options. Please let me know if there are any additions or corrections and I'll update as necessary. I know at the very least that I wasn't able to find all the edge dressing options someone figured out before.

Leather: any leather (calf/cowhide/Chromexcel/shell) in stock
Extra burnishing? optional
Stitching: tone-on-tone, contrast, more?
Lining: unlined, standard, Independence lambskin, more?
Insole: standard, Independence, orthotic(?), more?
Welt type: flat, split reverse, more?
Welt color: natural, chili, black, more?
Edge dressing: natural, light brown transparent ("natural toasted"?), chili, black, more?
Wheeled edge? optional
Eyelets: blind, brass agatine, matched agatine (is this available?), more?
Speed hooks? optional on boots
Pull tab? optional on boots
Sole: anything found here: http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/ae_spring_digest_web_lr/46

DNSamurai

Reaction score
The long branch looks similar to your walnut shell daltons?
Would you mind posting pictures?
I own both, and I don't think they look at all alike. The leather is so different, and the soles are as well.
Here are some quick and dirties. Obviously the leather is different, the cordovan just has a richness to it that can't be matched. That and the sole are the two biggest differences. For whatever reason though, even though they are the same size -- 9EEE -- wearing the Longbranches for 15 minutes I can tell they are much more comfortable than the Daltons. The Daltons are stunning for sure, but my feet hurt at the end of the day after wearing them.

Note I added a topy to the Daltons.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some quick and dirties. Obviously the leather is different, the cordovan just has a richness to it that can't be matched. That and the sole are the two biggest differences. For whatever reason though, even though they are the same size -- 9EEE -- wearing the Longbranches for 15 minutes I can tell they are much more comfortable than the Daltons. The Daltons are stunning for sure, but my feet hurt at the end of the day after wearing them.

Note I added a topy to the Daltons.

Well the Longbranch is probably more comfortable due to the Vibram sole.
Mine are extremely comfortable.
I don't think they are redundant, but whatever you decide, best of luck.
Both are great shoes.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the Longbranch is probably more comfortable due to the Vibram sole.
Mine are extremely comfortable.
I don't think they are redundant, but whatever you decide, best of luck.
Both are great shoes.

The Long Branch also has the Poron insole. There is something wrong with the fit of your walnut shell Daltons if your feet hurt at the end of the day. I don't think the Poron insole and Vibram sole on the Long Branches is the only difference. Something in the fit of the Daltons, even if they're the same size, is just not right.

DNSamurai

Reaction score
The Long Branch also has the Poron insole. There is something wrong with the fit of your walnut shell Daltons if your feet hurt at the end of the day. I don't think the Poron insole and Vibram sole on the Long Branches is the only difference. Something in the fit of the Daltons, even if they're the same size, is just not right.
There is a definitely a softness to the Longbranch in the footbed that the Dalton doesn't have. I didn't realize it had a poron insole. Perhaps that is the difference.

g.michael

Reaction score

Here are some pics of my cappuccino strands. Very happy with them. These are remakes. Was not particularly happy with the first ones. Very satified with AE customer service. Allison is fantastic!!! Wheeled Chili welt Light brown edge
Those are completely awesome--the best i've seen.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

MacktasticGDogg

Those look amazing man. Are monk straps classic like lace ups?

Thanks man. I believe monk strap shoes have been around a long time, but I'm not sure how classic double monks are considered. They seem to be fairly polarizing. Some people, such as myself, can't get enough of them, while others despise them. There was a good 5 part series on double monks from Dieworkwear a couple of years ago that might be worth a read for you.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks man. I believe monk strap shoes have been around a long time, but I'm not sure how classic double monks are considered. They seem to be fairly polarizing. Some people, such as myself, can't get enough of them, while others despise them. There was a good 5 part series on double monks from Dieworkwear a couple of years ago that might be worth a read for you.

Will give it a read now. I work in downtown Toronto, and 5 mins from the financial district. I've only ever seen ONE guy in the entire downtown (summer time) wearing monk straps. They caught my eye right away. I like em :slayer:

_C350_

Reaction score
My daltons have arrived but i am not that happy with them cuz there are theses creases. Should these go back? Or will i get these anyways from wearing them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads