• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphman

Reaction score
Im interested in purchasing a pair or Ralph Lauren/Allen Edmonds Saunders, but don't know how these run in size.

I'm a 7.5 in Barrie/Truebalance. Can anyone guide me in the right direction please.

OlafG

Reaction score
So I won the walnut MacNeils from hitch-n-post last week. Paid and now I got refunded because he said they were already sold.

I'm really tired of his way of selling stuff on eBay. He has previously cancelled my bids, deleted auctions I've bid on and now selling stuff he doesn't have on stock. He's one of the biggest AE sellers on eBay, but I think he's going on my blacklist now.

cincikid

Reaction score
So I won the walnut MacNeils from hitch-n-post last week. Paid and now I got refunded because he said they were already sold.

I'm really tired of his way of selling stuff on eBay. He has previously cancelled my bids, deleted auctions I've bid on and now selling stuff he doesn't have on stock. He's one of the biggest AE sellers on eBay, but I think he's going on my blacklist now.

This is certainly annoying. I made a couple purchases from him before and they were (it's two guys actually) usually pretty good, although their communication was always lacking.

cincikid

Reaction score
So I will be in Chicago in two weeks and while a trip to the AE factory will be a stretch, I sent an email to the Horween factory wondering if I might be able to take a quick tour. I am not sure whether they will honor my request, but I will certainly keep you updated.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the Canadian members who will get hit with customs even when AE goes on sale. I've bought my kenilworth from allaboutshoes who is a member here. His prices are great and he will lower the price so you don't get dinged with duty and taxes.

Just a FYI as I have no ties with this member

Last edited:

jch1

Reaction score
So I will be in Chicago in two weeks and while a trip to the AE factory will be a stretch, I sent an email to the Horween factory wondering if I might be able to take a quick tour. I am not sure whether they will honor my request, but I will certainly keep you updated.

Please do. I live less than 5 minutes from the factory, but I've never tried contacting them about this.

allysan1027

Reaction score
What would be the AE equivalent for women's shoes/boots?

Wife wants a pair of leather riding boots, but I can't stomach the thought of her paying $200 for Cole Haans..

cincikid

Reaction score

Wife wants a pair of leather riding boots, but I can't stomach the thought of her paying $200 for Cole Haans..

This is a great question. While not perfectly equivalent to the AE in terms of quality, we found that some models that Frye makes are fairly decent.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I'm looking for a similar solution.

During my last trip to the AE store, the female SA I was working with told my wife that she had just ordered a pair of Dalton's for herself. My wife is considering doing the same except she really wants a cap toe and not a wingtip. I may take her back in there and get her sized.

dusttruffle

Reaction score
For the Canadian members who will get hit with customs even when AE goes on sale. I've bought my kenilworth from allaboutshoes who is a member here. His prices are great and he will lower the price so you don't get dinged with duty and taxes.

Just a FYI as I have no ties with this member

Does this apply to UK buyers as well?

BCer

Reaction score
Glad to be reading this. My wife has a bit of a 'thing' for shoes, but as she always points out, her whole monstrous collection is probably not worth as much as my 12 pairs of AE. (If she only knew!). I'm sitting in our family room looking at a pair of Guess riding boot style she had taken off last night. Bought late last fall and not worn much. I'm AMAZED how cheaply these are made, and how women flock to them. While looking like leather, I can clearly see in a couple places where the pleather is worn, the almost cardboard-like backing is showing. AND, the 1 1/2" or so heel stack is carefully made to look like leather...nope. Basically textured and colored Mactac (vinyl) sheet glued over a purely rubber heel - obvious by the way the sheet is peeling off the rubber. These things are CRAP! I was considering doing a Obenauf's treatment on them - not going to happen. I too might have to buy her a real pair of boots to beat up for a long time - instead of a part-season.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ To make it worse my wife is obsessed with my shell shoes. I know she'd be happy with calf, but I know she really wants shell. I looked into Carmina's womens collection, but they are on a strictly MTO basis and I can't get much help with sizing. So If I guessed I'd be stuck with them. If I did go to AE at least I could go see that SA and get a pretty good fit.

I am thinking maybe a shell Fifth Street. I think it might look great in a smaller, narrow size. Especially in brown shell!

spitshine123

Reaction score
^^ To make it worse my wife is obsessed with my shell shoes. I know she'd be happy with calf, but I know she really wants shell. I looked into Carmina's womens collection, but they are on a strictly MTO basis and I can't get much help with sizing. So If I guessed I'd be stuck with them. If I did go to AE at least I could go see that SA and get a pretty good fit.

I am thinking maybe a shell Fifth Street. I think it might look great in a smaller, narrow size. Especially in brown shell!

Would be interested to see what outfits she wears with AE shell haha. Unfortunately my SO shows no interest in high-quality footwear, instead opting for quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads