• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this... I recently picked up a pair of AE Strands in walnut. They are some magnificent shoes, but when I was lacing them up, I noticed some darkening in the leather flap that covers the metal eyelets. The darkening is right over the eyelets, almost like the metal caused it.  Is that normal and just a property of the leather that it's contact or pressure on another surface would cause discoloration? Or should I send them back?

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Scott

Photo please? It's around the eyelets.... No one will notice and it most could be darker polish when they burnish the shoes.

scbrooks87

Reaction score
Photo please? It's around the eyelets.... No one will notice and it most could be darker polish when they burnish the shoes.
Thanks for the reply. I'll get the DSLR out tonight to snap some shots, and I just so happen to be borrowing an awesome macro lens (105mm 2.8 for any photo buffs out there) so I should be able to get a decent pic.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but for $300 I want them to be right! lol.

-Scott

MrWN

Reaction score
Or order the pair you want now and then get the price adjusted once the sale price is opened to the public.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the official word today AE is now out of walnut cordovan and not taking any additional orders. Bummer...I had been trying to order a pair of walnut Leeds.

Scottyb06

Reaction score
If it helps at all, I have a pair of Mac's in Bourbon and the color near the laceholes seems to be Walnut - not Boubon (and the tongue as well). I picked them up on sale for $250 and they seem fine but wouldn't have considered them as first at full price. If you paid full price for those Macs in Merlot I would not keep them, but based only on the bowing of the shoe and the dark spot on the back.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
If it helps at all, I have a pair of Mac's in Bourbon and the color near the laceholes seems to be Walnut - not Boubon (and the tongue as well). I picked them up on sale for $250 and they seem fine but wouldn't have considered them as first at full price. If you paid full price for those Macs in Merlot I would not keep them, but based only on the bowing of the shoe and the dark spot on the back.

That would make sense. All AE bourbon shoes start out walnut. AE then polishes and burnishes them to create the bourbon color.

Barroomheroes

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Dalton's from my local Nordy's.. I typically wear a 11.5 D (strand) but ordered a 11 E in the boots. They are being shipped from AE. Anyone with experience know the turn time?

LeviMay

Reaction score

Just ordered a pair of Dalton's from my local Nordy's.. I typically wear a 11.5 D (strand) but ordered a 11 E in the boots. They are being shipped from AE. Anyone with experience know the turn time?

Weird... I took an 11.5D in Long Branch (same last as Dalton) and 11E in McAllister (same last as Strand), so the exact opposite of you.

Persedye

Reaction score

I wanted walnut McAllister, snuff suede Neumok, merlot belt. Swing and a miss. 

Can anyone gives thoughts on the brown Neumok vs. the dark brown cognac McTavish? Nordstrom sale cost is not a factor as I can get the McTavish for the same price. 

Does anyone know where the cognac McTavish is on sale?

tietherope

Reaction score

Does anyone know where the cognac McTavish is on sale?

It was $199 at Lands End with free shipping to Canada which made it a great deal for me. It was only size 10 though and is gone now, but they have a few sizes of black left.

Last edited:

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
This straddles the line between streetwear and classic I guess. Would walnut strands + chinos (casual kind) + an untucked shirt (ocbd/linen/etc) be OK, or too casual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members