• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrizzleCizzle

Reaction score
What are some good models that work with trousers and a dress shirt? I already have Strands in Walnut.
Looking for something in Black. Perhaps Fifth Avenue or Park Avenue?
I own the walnut strands and the black park aves. Keep in mind that black shoes go with: black, grey, and navy (sometimes). Somewhat along the same lines as your inquiry, my next pair will be a dark brown shoe in a sleek last. I feel that the dark brown, as it can go with anything but black, is a very versatile choice. And quite frankly, the park aves appear less sleek than the strands, so I may not go with that last in the future. Just my thoughts.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some good models that work with trousers and a dress shirt? I already have Strands in Walnut.
Looking for something in Black. Perhaps Fifth Avenue or Park Avenue?

Delrays are versatile enough to go with slacks and shirt and can be dressed up to wear with a jacket or suit as well.

acousticfoodie

Reaction score
I'm not doubting the Daltons are superior, cause they are. But these $60 boots from JCPenny look mighty tempting for the price:

spitshine123

Reaction score
The leather looks pretty cheap, but I'm surprised JC penny can offer such a decent looking last when most of the other stuff at the price point look like loaves of bread

itsmejson

Reaction score
For those of you w/ dark chocolate Dalton's, what color polish are you using?
- I currently use saphir polish & cremes, I would think that dark brown would be the color right?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Delray

+1

I love my Delrays. I have them in black and chili, and they're a great shoe for everyday wear with slacks or chinos, from casual to business casual to even more formal events (although I generally stick to a balmoral for suits).

What a great shoe. And on their best last, IMHO.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new McTavish are in with the new Dark Brown Wax Infused leather (4045). Really liking them -- note that they are darker in real life than on the website.

Here are 2 pics:

Barrister

Reaction score
I own three pairs of AE on two different lasts, 1 (Wilbert, Shelton) and 7 (Sanford). Both are too narrow in the forefoot, causing appreciable pain, but fit perfectly otherwise. I've tried stretching the leather and wearing different types and thicknesses of socks, to no avail. I've also tried going up one size in both length and width (separately), which makes the fit too large overall.

My question: Can anyone recommend an AE last with more forefoot room but otherwise unchanged? I am not within driving distance of an AE store for a professional fitting. (All purchases were made via mail order.)

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My new McTavish are in with the new Dark Brown Wax Infused leather (4045). Really liking them -- note that they are darker in real life than on the website.
Here are 2 pics:

That is a great looking shoe. My local menswear / shoe store has a pair coming for me - I'm hoping they arrive soon.

Thanks for the photos - it is so much better than the AE website photos.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads