• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aglass

Reaction score
Just bought the Neumora's in brown (10D) and the Elgin (10.5D) in the 2 for $300 sale - excited for my first pair of monks.
OK guys, did you size up for the Players shoe? What's the formula?

If you remember, I was asking around here during the last 2 for $200 deal about that. I ended up getting my 'natural' size of 10.5D - at first, it really felt like my foot was in a vice. Over a period of time (maybe 3 wears at the least?) the leather really softened up and now they fit perfectly. I'm glad I had the persistence to stick it out. I probably wear my walnut and snuff suede Player's the most of all my shoes.

Last edited:

elbastardocalvo

Reaction score
OK guys, did you size up for the Players shoe? What's the formula?
I wear the same as my other AEs: 14 EEE. They are more snug in width than 5-last shoes, for example, but no more so than my Delrays (8 lasted shoes). They are shorter in length than 5-last shoes, but not to the point where the fit poses a problem.

ETA I have the Player's Shoe in walnut calf, FWIW.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coincidental inquiry regarding Players'? Saw them at Nordstrom Rack in Chicago today for $149.

M4rtin

Reaction score
Just picked up Kenilworth from mail, shoes for my wedding and first ever proper dress shoes.
One shoe has scuff marks on it, how can I fix this, don't want to try anything on my own
Hope pics look ok, waiting in the car while fiancé is shopping ;)
4ac609c1-8215-8c4b.jpg

4ac609c1-8231-0bee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will scuff those way worse after a wedding.

Some Kiwi will take care of that minor scuffing, no problem. Shine those puppies up!

Last edited:

sambb

Reaction score
McTavish
I just want to say that it runs 1/2 size smaller than strand/5A/PA despite being same last.

Finally got my exchange, and happy. Measures same sole as the size above.

ellsbebc

Reaction score
I picked these Players (2 last) up last time around during the 2/$200 deal on factory seconds. Size 10D. The shoes are quite snug around the balls of my feet. Is the consensus the gaping in the laces is too large or acceptable?

Also, I'm looking to pick up the Neumora. Given the photo, and I fit comfortably in 10D Strand (5 last) and a 10D in Garner (last unknown), what size should I request for the Neumora (3 last)?

The Hinsdale also caught my eye. It appears that is on the 8 last, comprable to the 2 last. Once I hear some opinions on the Player's, I will know what size to order.

How the **** do I embed on this forum?
does not work

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc476/ellsbebc/d8a057b2.jpg

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McTavish
I just want to say that it runs 1/2 size smaller than strand/5A/PA despite being same last.

Interesting, my experience with the McTavish is that it runs slightly large.

I picked these Players up last time around during the 2/$200 deal on factory seconds. Size 10D. The shoes are quite snug around the balls of my feet. Is the consensus the gaping in the laces is too large or acceptable?

Also, I'm looking to pick up the Neumora. Given the photo, and I fit comfortably in 10D Strand (5 last) and a 10D in Garner (last unknown), what size should I request for the Neumora (3 last)?

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc476/ellsbebc/d8a057b2.jpg

When posting from PhotoBucket, use the insert image tool and cut and paste the "direct link" address from PhotoBucket

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McTavish

Are you sure you didn't mean to say you had to size down a 1/2 size smaller (i.e. the shoe tends to run large)? My experience, as well as almost everyone else's experience, is that the McTavish runs large. I have a 9.5E in the Fairfax (5 last) and ordered a 9.5E in the McTavish and they felt like clown shoes. I am going to be ordering an 8.5EEE or a 9E most likely. That still may be too large.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I on a different note, I went down one width on the Neumok (similar to theMcTavish). Fit is very good. It runs large but not necessarily a full size. But, as they say, if the shoe fits . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads