• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My milkshake suede Leeds came arrived today. I'm happy with them for chinos and jeans. Nice casual shoe.

they really look great...could not pull the trigger on them but starting to regret that.

RitchieBro

Reaction score
A buddy of mine got the Rogues over the strands and he said it felt like a similar style but he was wary of the 65 last fitting. I don't think he tried many sizes on though. He loves em though. And they're pretty sharp in person being worn. Definitely a casual shoe.

Disagree that the Rogue is a casual shoe. I have it on with navy pin suit today. I get constant compliments on these shoes!

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epic fail for me yesterday. Had on my olive rush street and was just getting into the car when I decided I just couldn't go to work with them. Switched to my black hills. Swung by the store to talk to my SM - even he busted my balls, wondering how I could ever get olive when I couldn't get grey cloud
1f623.png

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown shell Dundees today, without hesitation I would buy these in burgundy if they pop up in 8.5D on Club Monaco for 30% off (size wasn't available on the last sale). One of my fav models from AE.

Agree completely. I have shell chukkas from AE, Rancourt, and Alden, and the Dundee is my favorite hands down. Beautiful color on those.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While browsing the shoebank today, I see the Harrison in my size. Did a quick google search and this image came up from a fellow SF member. This is what AE should be selling as their flagship shoe. Look at the difference in shape.

One is a miata and one is a ferrari. Let the debate begin. It's too bad the Canadian dollar sucks at the moment or I would get! Get em fellas! at least your dollar is good

RitchieBro

Reaction score

While browsing the shoebank today, I see the Harrison in my size. Did a quick google search and this image came up from a fellow SF member. This is what AE should be selling as their flagship shoe. Look at the difference in shape.

One is a miata and one is a ferrari. Let the debate begin. It's too bad the Canadian dollar sucks at the moment or I would get! Get em fellas! at least your dollar is good

Well, you can't argue with success. I think AE knows what they are doing. While you may prefer the looks of the Harrison, the vast majority is still buying the Park Ave. The Park Ave is still the #1 seller by far for AE, outselling the Harrison (or anything else) by a huge margin.

Last edited:

AndyC

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for a pair of burgundy MacNeils I purchased back in the fall, but never got to wear because of winter weather. The snow has finally melted, so today is the day.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, you can't argue with success. I think AE knows what they are doing. While you may prefer the looks of the Harrison, the vast majority is still buying the Park Ave. The Park Ave is still the #1 seller by far for AE, outselling the Harrison (or anything else) by a huge margin.

Sell the Harrison for $385 at retail like the Park Avenue and I bet the sales numbers start creeping towards each other. I agree though, AE does know what they are doing. If you want a sleek, european style, get prepared to pay european prices (at the time anyway).

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Its not a casual like a McTavish or Rush street but I would still pick a balmoral for use with a dark wool suit. It probably goes back to the theory that it really doesn't matter that much since 98% of men won't judge by someones shoes anyway or how formal they should be. So maybe we call it a formal casual shoe. I think they'd look great with a lighter cotton/linen suit in walnut. As an aside I'm rarely in suits but more chinos and dress pants which I think would be a perfect spot for the Rogue. My friend got the walnut and wore them with dark jeans and a sport shirt. I'd get the bob's chili and do the same if I were to get one. Maybe if they hit deep discount on the shoe bank.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love AEs and all, but let's not get so far ahead to claim that the Harrison is akin to a Ferrari.

by the way, the Indy line is much better than the standard line: better upper, soles and inner-linning.

CMT1

Reaction score
Walnut Wednesday, these are starting to show some real character.

I hope everyone's week is going well, as always.

rostov

Reaction score

Yeah, it looks like the Harrison is a torture device for unsuspecting toes! It reminds me of the story a few years ago where women were reportedly having doctors remove their pinky toes to fit into high heels.

Then again, it's easy to love gunboats when that's the natural shape of your foot...

Last edited:

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like the Harrison is a torture device for unsuspecting toes! It reminds me of the story a few years ago where women were reportedly having doctors remove their pinky toes to fit into high heels.

Then again, it's easy to love gunboats when that's the natural shape of your foot...

THIS. I wore my Park Ave's all day at a wedding on Saturday and my feet were hurting by the end of the night... granted this was only the 2nd time I wore them, but just looking at that picture of the Harrison hurts my feet. It's a higher quality than the Park Ave, but definitely not the right last for my feet - nice price at $177 at the shoebank though if it does work for your feet

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually I have a pair on right now and in a 9D they are roomier than the Park Ave all around. The toe box is generous and the lacing gap is much smaller brand new than 5 last shoes ever are for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members