• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like that new darker chili color!

Nice report. Sounds like this years fall lineup is a pretty big one.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the Kenwood 2nds in from the sale. Look really good.

Lucked out and got TWO Horween stamps :) Guess makes up for not having any in my Daltons.

Thinking this most likely was the issue. A large hole from the stitching. Also the side piece there is much darker, almost a black.

Will try hitting it with some Reno to see if can't lighten that one spot up. For the price, def. not complaining.

Still deciding if the Handsewn 800 last is working for me. Reviews seemed to say it ran a bit long. Also never really had a dress Moc shoe before so might just be me getting used to it. Width is good. Have a little heel slip to start with but it feels like the Moc toe stitching hits my toe on flexing. My Moc experience is limited to Sperry's really.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was able to see the upcoming shoe list. Lots of different loafers, including a split toe loafer on the 8 last. Interesting that they chose to release so many loafers in Fall/Winter. They also have a lot of boots coming, some 7 eyelet, and 5 eyelet open-laced boots coming. Even a 2 eyelet chukka on something called the 809 last. A 2 eyelet plain toe derby on the 97 last is also new (same last as the Macneil), and some interesting park avenue combinations with suede quarters & one with a cross cut quarters (like the new belt Cut Bank).

I also took a pic of the new Bob Chili / Dark Chili color, in comparison to the dark brown and walnut:

That Carlyle is one good looking shoe, and the depth of color in the dark chili is really something. I might actually have to pic that up it looked so good.

Lastly, a live pic of the new shoe Paul posted, the Strandmok:

AE has to start taking better pics for their website (come on Paul), cause i could barely tell that this shoe featured AE's new bleaching effect. Not my thing, but the website is not doing this shoe justice...

The Mojave ( 2 eyelet chukka ) was made on the 809 last.

From AE's question and answers.

Quote:
Sounds like a decent lineup. Looking forward to seeing the boots.

The bleaching is way more than I would have thought. Definitely not able to tell that from the stock pictures. Looks pretty bad to me.

Last edited:

jch1

Reaction score
Was able to see the upcoming shoe list. Lots of different loafers, including a split toe loafer on the 8 last. Interesting that they chose to release so many loafers in Fall/Winter. They also have a lot of boots coming, some 7 eyelet, and 5 eyelet open-laced boots coming. Even a 2 eyelet chukka on something called the 809 last. A 2 eyelet plain toe derby on the 97 last is also new (same last as the Macneil), and some interesting park avenue combinations with suede quarters & one with a cross cut quarters (like the new belt Cut Bank).

I also took a pic of the new Bob Chili / Dark Chili color, in comparison to the dark brown and walnut:

That Carlyle is one good looking shoe, and the depth of color in the dark chili is really something. I might actually have to pic that up it looked so good.

Lastly, a live pic of the new shoe Paul posted, the Strandmok:

AE has to start taking better pics for their website (come on Paul), cause i could barely tell that this shoe featured AE's new bleaching effect. Not my thing, but the website is not doing this shoe justice...
Intentional non-spoiler. That carlyle in Bob's Chili is phenomenal. I had no interest in this model prior to seeing it in this color, but my mind has completely changed.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Intentional non-spoiler. That carlyle in Bob's Chili is phenomenal. I had no interest in this model prior to seeing it in this color, but my mind has completely changed. 

I agree. Like beating a dead horse, the pictures on the AE site are just atrocious. Can someone please email the CEO about this? :)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got the Kenwood 2nds in from the sale. Look really good. Lucked out and got TWO Horween stamps :) Guess makes up for not having any in my Daltons.
Thinking this most likely was the issue. A large hole from the stitching. Also the side piece there is much darker, almost a black.
Will try hitting it with some Reno to see if can't lighten that one spot up. For the price, def. not complaining. Still deciding if the Handsewn 800 last is working for me. Reviews seemed to say it ran a bit long. Also never really had a dress Moc shoe before so might just be me getting used to it. Width is good. Have a little heel slip to start with but it feels like the Moc toe stitching hits my toe on flexing. My Moc experience is limited to Sperry's really.
If they are an 8D and don't work for you, let me know Edit: Just saw they are 11 1/2, what a great pick up. Congrats!

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got the Kenwood 2nds in from the sale. Look really good.
Lucked out and got TWO Horween stamps :) Guess makes up for not having any in my Daltons. Thinking this most likely was the issue. A large hole from the stitching. Also the side piece there is much darker, almost a black. Will try hitting it with some Reno to see if can't lighten that one spot up. For the price, def. not complaining. Still deciding if the Handsewn 800 last is working for me. Reviews seemed to say it ran a bit long. Also never really had a dress Moc shoe before so might just be me getting used to it. Width is good. Have a little heel slip to start with but it feels like the Moc toe stitching hits my toe on flexing. My Moc experience is limited to Sperry's really.
Great pick up! Are these calf or shell?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or has anyone else just now realized that Rydanfan is Tifosi's evil-alter ego and @mdubs is their therapist!
biggrin.gif
I'm pretty sure they're the same split-personality individual struggling with his shoe addiction:

"Buy it, you'll buy anything."
"You shut up."
"Get it in shell."
"Stop it."

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ha, yea. Might need a big tongue pad for those ;) Thanks, I was excited all day yesterday to rescue them from the front porch and pondering how they'd look flaw wise, if I'd be lucky and get a Horween stamp, would they fit ok. Felt like Christmas and 10yrs old again. Still can't believe the price either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members