• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is $130 + shipping a reasonable price for used allen edmonds park avenue captoes in black?

You could probably score new seconds for around that price as well. Just a thought guess it would depend on condition.

Plus, the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is only about two months away and they always sell first quality PA's for $200-220 with free shipping.

tampatravel

Reaction score
is $130 + shipping a reasonable price for used allen edmonds park avenue captoes in black?

Call the Shoebank and see if they have any Brooks Brothers Park Ave's in 2nds. They'll be very close to that price and they'll be new so you can put your STINK in them
biggrin.gif

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aren't your 8 last shoes suede, which might make them seem wider?  I ask because there is no way the 5 last is narrower at the ball of the foot.  I measured out of curiosity and my 8 last Delrays are a full 0.25 inch narrower at the ball of the foot than both of my 5 last shoes (PA and Strands).

I actually have a pair of Niles also which are calf. At the widest part those are 3.98 inches wide on the sole. Not sure if that accurately measures the upper too, but I don't have a caliper. I will measure one of my 5 lasted shoes when I get a chance in the same way.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually have a pair of Niles also which are calf. At the widest part those are 3.98 inches wide on the sole. Not sure if that accurately measures the upper too, but I don't have a caliper. I will measure one of my 5 lasted shoes when I get a chance in the same way.
I measured the uppers in a very inexact way, but came up with roughly 4 inches for my 8 last Delrays in a 12D and 4.25 for my 5 last shoes. Not scientific in the least bit, but indicative of a difference in width. Curious to hear what you find.

Persedye

Reaction score

Going walnut on the next pair would be a good idea. Can't go wrong with strands.

Do you remember the final price you paid for the Mcallisters?

I picked up the brooks brothers seconds for $159 + tax...

I thought long and hard about the walnut Jefferson instead...

Last edited:

shartmann

Reaction score
Would you choose the Jefferson at $249 over the Mcallister at the seconds price? Not sure what that is right now, but I gotta assume they are close.

I would. I believe the walnut McAllister is $269 as a second, so assuming a 15% discount that would be about $230. I think the extra $20 for the Jefferson would be well worth it. This is from the Independence collection, so the sole is different and the leather is apparently softer. I've only seen them in the store, so wont know for sure until tomorrow. The retail price is $475, and the regular seconds price is $379. The $249 price is only for the walnut version, I think the other colors would be 15% off of $379. I just ordered mine on Wednesday and that was the price they gave me.

bucksfan

Reaction score
It's been nuts at work so I haven't had time to post much, but here are my patriots in burgundy shell, at lunch today, 3rd Friday in a row.

Subutai

Reaction score

Any feedback on the Franciscans? I'm thinking they might be the walnut pair I need. Online reviews complain of a rubbing noise caused by the strap. I'd wear them with slacks and a tie. Only loafers I have are the Westchesters so I like the idea of adding another one.

I'm jealous of the collection you are quickly building! The Franciscans are great. The rubbing noise goes away with one full day wear. Get'em!

tietherope

Reaction score

As an FYI...
The shoe bank is getting rid of a number of the baseball-themed boat shoes for $19.00 a pair. The selection isn't great, so you might end up with a logo you don't care for. For less than $20, I'm just happy to have a pair for chasing the kids.
The model I purchased is the Sandlot. They are beat up looking to begin with, but I think they are neat.

I picked up the Sandlot as well and managed to get the last one of my team, the Red Sox. I was disappointed I didn't call in time for any of the regular brown pairs.

wohwoh

Reaction score
I just received my Sanford in the mail today and the side of the shoes appears to be pushing into my ankle when I am standing up. This causes an uncomfortable feeling around the area of my ankle.

Will a wider width fix this problem?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lately jville factory store has been heavily mentioned in this tread. So I am guessing their sale is going through the roof and they could be the busiest ae store in us. I have emailed them yesterday for a list of available shoes. No reply. Few months ago they would reply with in 20 to 30 minutes. I am not angry or upset at them , I just want to pickup some shoes on my sizes before the sizes runs out. Going forward I am thinking of using some other stores that is not as busy. Any recommendation ? You can even pm me the store details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads