• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing white Suede Nomads again today.

View attachment 1814987

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, our planet is cursed with people who look for hidden meanings where there are none. Wearing a bow tie means you know how to tie a bow tie and nothing more.

Those who know how to tie a bow tie enjoy the benefits of not having the ends of their tie flapping around in the wind, not having to get the ends of their tie to end at the right place, and not getting their lunch on their tie.

View attachment 1814989

Yes, once again my belt and shoes do not match.

Extra Added Attraction: Saw this at Trader Joe's today. Kids, do not try this at home.

View attachment 1814990

For those who may have been wondering why I didn't post anything between June 23rd and July 19th, although I am fully vaxxed and boosted had often worried about catching COVID-19 from an unvaccinated person I have to be around far more than I want. He managed to infect me and at least two other people I know about and who knows how many I don't know about.
Glad to hear you're doing better, friend!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_20220722_184121500_HDR.jpg

Olive Strandmoks for a nice evening.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could not agree more with this, I had a very similar experience. Toward the end, I applied 3 coats of Venetian Shoe Cream and that softened the boots up quite a bit, but the break-in experience was horrible. Imagine the worst break-in period you've ever had -- maybe a pair of ill-fitting hiking boots or dress shoes that you owned as a kid. Remember the multiple blisters, the hot spots, the edges of the little and big toes rubbing up against unyielding leather, the dead skin sloughing off ... and then multiply that by ten. That's what wearing a new pair of Red Wings feels like after a couple of hours. It's that bad. Really, really bad.

I've never understood why Red Wing enjoys such a good reputation. The quality of construction and materials is excellent, and I'm sure the boots are quite durable, but you'd think that the break-in experience would have put them out of business years ago. I hesitate to say that a company should go out of business, especially when it's an American company that still makes their boots in the USA but... it's that bad.

Red Wing makes like, 2 boots in the USA. Almost all their stuff is outsourced to India and the like nowadays.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing white Suede Nomads again today.

View attachment 1814987

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, our planet is cursed with people who look for hidden meanings where there are none. Wearing a bow tie means you know how to tie a bow tie and nothing more.

Those who know how to tie a bow tie enjoy the benefits of not having the ends of their tie flapping around in the wind, not having to get the ends of their tie to end at the right place, and not getting their lunch on their tie.

View attachment 1814989

Yes, once again my belt and shoes do not match.

Extra Added Attraction: Saw this at Trader Joe's today. Kids, do not try this at home.

View attachment 1814990

For those who may have been wondering why I didn't post anything between June 23rd and July 19th, although I am fully vaxxed and boosted had often worried about catching COVID-19 from an unvaccinated person I have to be around far more than I want. He managed to infect me and at least two other people I know about and who knows how many I don't know about.

As a man from an Irish family, I survived having that remedy as a kid and now I only have a slight fondness for the drink.

Geoff928

Reaction score
Park Avenues were in order last Thursday.
20220723_115243.jpg

20220723_115352.jpg

This was a Freeport Friday.
20220723_120057.jpg

20220723_120125.jpg

Hamilton last night at the Charleston Performing Arts Center. This is about a one minute drive to the old Charleston AE store. Saw someone wearing walnut McAllisters during intermission. I would have stopped to chat with him, but I barely had time for a booze refresh. The show was great and I highly recommend it.
20220723_184611.jpg

20220723_190044.jpg

Thanks for the input @AE_Lauren and @MajorDash . I currently don't own anything in the 97 or the 1943 last to compare with, but I'm currently trying to hunt down a Macneil. Once this happens I can better determine if these will fit. As much as I like the new Siena, I will be holding off until I can figure out if it would fit. I miss having an AE store in my state.

I like the look of the velvet offerings. They wont be for me though, I have too many amazing pets that like to shed absolutely everywhere and constantly vie for attention. Pets + Velvet = frustration.

Pets are one reason why most of my shoe pictures are taken outside. I just end up with blurry pictures of animals.
20220720_131159.jpg

20220713_170021.jpg

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
="Geoff928, post: .

I currently don't own anything in the 97 or the 1943 last to compare with, but I'm currently trying to hunt down a Macneil.

You will love the Mac Neil. And you are clearly wise and making good decisions.

What size are you? I check eBay and other sites daily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads