• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair my friend, you own 39 pairs of AEs and they are all uncomfortable, so what’s the difference? I suppose f#cking uncomfortable is worse than just uncomfortable.

As the cobbler mentioned in an earlier post, likely two issues, the leather insole and the cork. I suspect with new cork the insole should conform to the new owner’s feet. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

Below are photos stolen from Reddit on Mac Neils cut in half:

It’s coming up on 5 pm Pacific Time and my feet feel pretty good. I’ve worn the shell Mac Neils almost every workday since September so this has been an adjustment, but I think these are keepers, and likely off to AE for double oak soles.

I own a lot of vintage shoes and I don't experience any discomfort. Perhaps the real problem is whether you're lighter or heavier than the previous owner?

I'd imagine being heavier helps because the cork will shift more with more weight.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
There was a lot of discussion about this a few years ago. Some speculated that the poron compresses in the shoe while the lasting process happens and then expands later on. AE confirmed the poron is added before the shoes are lasted, so in theory it was not supposed to affect the fit. My early poron pairs did often feel tighter and my toes were often touching the top of the upper, which never happened in shoes without it. However, my most recent poron pairs (for whatever reason) do not have this same problem. My Leeds 2.0 fits just like a regular Leeds, and my Strandmoks fit very similar to the Strand.

Interestingly, when Bedo’s opened my BB Mac Neil 2.0s, he found a piece of fibreboard underneath the leather insole, but above the poron insole. He could find no structural reason for this.
5971A55E-B32E-46ED-8E58-F11AF0D07275.jpeg
1610B676-2633-41D4-8F30-13EC7FD8071B.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ducatiti

Reaction score
The toe has much more depth to it! Looks great!

I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it. Gotta love AE's quality control. I keep on saying "never again", but I keep on coming back... can't resist on the sale prices at times. Always excuse to buyer another is to prolong the life of my other Branded shoes lol.

miggyramone

Reaction score
Sorry, hate to be that person but... does anybody know if the strandmoks will be on sale for Black Friday? I'm interested in the Crimson Red ones. I don't know how I missed those this whole time.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Some very special boots on the ground today for an early screening of House of Gucci!

1637307838199.png

So nice to bring out the antique cherry First Avenues, but after wearing them I realize they're in desperate need of some conditioning.

Oh, movie was fantastic, too. Recommend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members