• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt like getting touch with my feminine side while I went out to pick up lunch. Oxblood Daltons always do the trick for that.

Just conditioned these, but I must have missed a spot behind the laces as I'm still getting a light squeak.

IMG_4550.jpg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning on taking the list down after Tuesday for a bit and some of the stores are closed Mondays and Tuesdays. If you are eyeing one of the SMUs, call in this weekend if you can! Just a heads up.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Planning on taking the list down after Tuesday for a bit and some of the stores are closed Mondays and Tuesdays. If you are eyeing one of the SMUs, call in this weekend if you can! Just a heads up.
You mean there are still some left?!? Must be all those black and burgundy Leeds that you and Destin are hoarding. ;)

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt like getting touch with my feminine side while I went out to pick up lunch. Oxblood Daltons always do the trick for that.

Just conditioned these, but I must have missed a spot behind the laces as I'm still getting a light squeak.

View attachment 1531578

You're about to get these hands over that Dalton comment!

1610139826234.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing brogue suede Strands again today.

IMG_5900.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, a gate and me.

Also showing your belt (a blue and tan surcingle belt from Leather Man in this case) and your shoes do not have to match.

IMG_5907.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagle Country’s with Dainite from Paul’s GMTO 1 many moons ago.

A curious thing about the “skinny” 2 last is that it magically accommodates high insteps well, even the AExRL Singleton and Sanderson. I guess it is the cone. I wear my normal size and width in all three.

Anyway, there were about 5 or 6 GMTO’s going on simultaneously; these, navy Eagle Country, Bayfields, the English tan Dublin Long Branches, and another then discontinued model brought back in brown shell.

It was sort of a hot mess with each group having its own captain of sorts, managing debates about specs, gathering contact info, then when 12 or more had committed, turning the info in to Paul’s assistant. Miraculously, it somehow worked.

Good times.

049E22CF-F5B0-4996-9D91-70A3C85945ED.jpeg

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagle Country’s with Dainite from Paul’s GMTO 1 many moons ago.

A curious thing about the “skinny” 2 last is that it magically accommodates high insteps well, even the AExRL Singleton and Sanderson. I guess it is the cone. I wear my normal size and width in all three.

Anyway, there were about 5 or 6 GMTO’s going on simultaneously; these, navy Eagle Country, Bayfields, the English tan Dublin Long Branches, and another then discontinued model brought back in brown shell.

It was sort of a hot mess with each group having its own captain of sorts, managing debates about specs, gathering contact info, then when 12 or more had committed, turning the info in to Paul’s assistant. Miraculously, it somehow worked.

Good times.

View attachment 1531755
The good old days...
20190309_110524.jpg

pbrandes

Reaction score
Santa delivered the Twinkle Toes today, just in time for Christmas 2021. Glad I jumped on them when they first went online since they ran out so quickly.

Here are my impressions. I usually need an EE width on the 65 last, but since these are partially unlined an E fits OK. As others have posted, the leather is somewhat textured but not the grain look in the website photos. It's pretty much the rough leather navy AE used in the OG Neumoks and Cronmoks. And the silver laces are VERY shiny...

IMG_5002a.jpg

IMG_4999a.jpg

The tinsel doesn't photograph well, but trust me they turned the sparkle up to 11. To the point of (for me) not suitable for non-holiday wear. Which brings me to my only gripe: I distinctly recall the product page saying they shipped with a 2nd pair of laces in plain white, but there were none to be found in the box.

White laces would be great on these (anyone know a good source?), but having none on hand I went a different way. Sort of a Strandmok-y take on the OG navy Neumok. Should come in handy on July 4, since I never sprang for a 1776.

IMG_5004a.jpg

Happy weaseling in the year ahead!

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
To those with bourbon shell- what has been your experience with aging? Did it get darker or lighter? I've seen different variations in their color when new so it makes me curious. I'm not really a fan of the lighter color so I'm hoping it'd darken up into something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads