• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s boot face off time.

Landon or Higgins?
Which do you like more?
Hamilton or Fifth Street?

Semifinalists to square off to a fight to the death.

The HM and Landon are ok. The other two are not for me.

edit: I didn't answer the original damn question... I own both the HM and Landon but would put HM on the top.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Higgins, due to fit. I wish they weren’t quite so bulbous toed to make them a bit easier to pair visually

Hamilton, only because I think the full Strandboot is more visually consistent than a PA boot with a medallion cap. I would expect this to flip depending on my mood they’re so close

I propose we take it a bit deeper:
Proper Fifth St or Trunk Show Fifth St with Hammy cap?
Proper only!!!!!!

pedarius

Reaction score
8488226E-1CD0-42E4-A859-87D2149D1456.jpeg

Taking a break after cleaning the garage—Caen in taupe

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many classic styles are on deep discount. Black McGregors for $110, black Achesons for $91, coffee Strands for $140. Any one of those is classic enough to be worn regularly, as part of a three-or-four dress shoe rotation. They're not "only sometime" shoes like chili Daltons or mesh loafers or something.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many at Alden can actually do the stitching like that? I suspect not many.

I have been told both 3 and 4 people. The limited number of people who are able to that Vamp stitching is one of the things that slows production on those orders. I should say slower than all Alden orders which is pretty slow.

pbrandes

Reaction score
Just noticed the Kitsap on clearance - a model I've never heard of. Interesting in light of recent discussion on the scarcity of AE derbies. Anyone got any 411 on it? Description sez it's on the 222 last which if true is a no-go for me. And yet, it also sez "classic fit" and the silhouette looks nothing like the 222... not that I need a pair...
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.37.54 PM.png

Last edited:

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the Kitsap on clearance - a model I've never heard of. Interesting in light of recent discussion on the scarcity of AE derbies. Anyone got any 411 on it? Description sez it's on the 222 last which if true is a no-go for me. And yet, it also sez "classic fit" and the silhouette looks nothing like the 222... not that I need a pair... View attachment 1497341
I believe it is a long-discontinued model. They found a bunch of old shoes I think and are selling them as part of the sale. The 222 and 108 are a no-go for me also.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just noticed the Kitsap on clearance - a model I've never heard of. Interesting in light of recent discussion on the scarcity of AE derbies. Anyone got any 411 on it? Description sez it's on the 222 last which if true is a no-go for me. And yet, it also sez "classic fit" and the silhouette looks nothing like the 222... not that I need a pair... View attachment 1497341
I feel like it was a Nordstrom model?
... yup. Found it there. No last listed, as usual, but I dunno it looks like 222 to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members