• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a trivia challenge to start off the new year?

I've meticulously and only slightly drunkenly prepared a set of seven extra-spicy Strand-related trivia questions that only a true Strand fanatic is able to fully complete.

To the first weasel who answers every question correctly in a single post I'll send a $50 Allen Edmonds gift card. I'll also bestow upon this person the prestigious title of Strand Baron, along with all the lands and holdings that come with this title (literally just the gift card). I'll post the answers if no one rises to the occasion by Sunday evening.
  1. The Strand was released in three different colors of calfskin when it was reintroduced for the second time. What were these colors and their model numbers?
  2. How many different colors has the Strandmok 2.0 been sold in? What are they?
  3. The October 2013 Strand Webgem came in a peculiar leather. What was this leather, and how many variants of this webgem were there?
  4. This Strand was also one of the very first Allen Edmonds' shoe to come with a Dainite sole. What is its model number?
  5. Two different Strand variants have been sold with an oiled leather sole. Which two are they?
  6. How many different "OG" Strandmoks have come with a Gumlite sole? What are the colors of their midsoles?
  7. Two pairs of two Strands share the same model number. What are these two model numbers, and which two Strands does each number represent?
I couldn't answer a single question.
Hey wait a minute, there's only one weasel who could answer half of these...
3kxxkp.jpg

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting the year off with a 2019 favorite.

My want list for 2020 is narrow, but I would welcome
1 of these
-blue shell Bradley (preference)
-blue shell Leeds (more likely possible)

+ a suede HM or two.

And Rancourt has reared its head too,
so 1 or 2 handsewns in 2020.

@ae_ashley seems we need an infusion of TS updates, the 2020 Alden thread is on a tear!

nmh20

Reaction score
2020 could be the year I go from the guy in my friend group that has a lot nice shoes to the weirdo that spends way too much money on footwear.

Dundee’s (2) - Loden Suede (maybe Massdrop?), Brown Shell

Higgins Mill (2) - Natty CXL (may just go with Grant Stone Diesel), something suede

Burgundy Shell Grayson

Natty Shell Anything

Just more shell in general (emphasis on brown and rare)

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy new year, weasels. I’m stuck at an animal hospital as my dog picked an inopportune time to fight a raccoon.

Sorry, no AE today as a result.

2020 will be a light footwear year unless some blue shell Dundees magically appear or perhaps woven Strands.
Best wishes for your dog's quick recovery. Raccoons can be nasty.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy new year, weasels. I’m stuck at an animal hospital as my dog picked an inopportune time to fight a raccoon.

Sorry, no AE today as a result.

2020 will be a light footwear year unless some blue shell Dundees magically appear or perhaps woven Strands.
Hope the dog is ok, Racoons can be pretty mean fighters.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a trivia challenge to start off the new year?

I've meticulously and only slightly drunkenly prepared a set of seven extra-spicy Strand-related trivia questions that only a true Strand fanatic is able to fully complete.

To the first weasel who answers every question correctly in a single post I'll send a $50 Allen Edmonds gift card. I'll also bestow upon this person the prestigious title of Strand Baron, along with all the lands and holdings that come with this title (literally just the gift card). I'll post the answers if no one rises to the occasion by Sunday evening.
  1. The Strand was released in three different colors of calfskin when it was reintroduced for the second time. What were these colors and their model numbers?
  2. How many different colors has the Strandmok 2.0 been sold in? What are they?
  3. The October 2013 Strand Webgem came in a peculiar leather. What was this leather, and how many variants of this webgem were there?
  4. This Strand was also one of the very first Allen Edmonds' shoe to come with a Dainite sole. What is its model number?
  5. Two different Strand variants have been sold with an oiled leather sole. Which two are they?
  6. How many different "OG" Strandmoks have come with a Gumlite sole? What are the colors of their midsoles?
  7. Two pairs of two Strands share the same model number. What are these two model numbers, and which two Strands does each number represent?

I know the answer to #4.

Last edited:

Rithrin

Reaction score
First day of the New Year and I'm bringing out my favorite pair from 2019, the Antique Cherry First Avenues. Probably my most photographed pair by now.

IMG_20200101_142719.jpg
IMG_20200101_142738.jpg

Starting off 2020 with these beautiful trunk show gems. I love how they're darkening up as they age.

View attachment 1308168

View attachment 1308193

Wow, yours have really darkened! Mine are still essentially the same color. Each pair is really getting more unique as time goes on.

My out of the box color for reference:
IMG_20191019_094932.jpg

Well, apparently I "drunk" bid on a couple of ebay items last night.....Filson bag and a pair fo Alden Indy Boots. I really hope I'm outbid in the next couple of days....
If you post links, I have a feeling some people in this thread might be able to help you get outbid right quick...

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First day of the New Year and I'm bringing out my favorite pair from 2019, the Antique Cherry First Avenues. Probably my most photographed pair by now.

View attachment 1308273
View attachment 1308274

Wow, yours have really darkened! Mine are still essentially the same color. Each pair is really getting more unique as time goes on.

My out of the box color for reference:

If you post links, I have a feeling some people in this thread might be able to help you get outbid right quick...
I think that secretly I would like to win the Indy boots, not 100% about the Filson bag, as don't really NEED another, but.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads