• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I screwed up - traditionally, I’ve worn all Indy-line shoes this week. Didn’t even think about it this morning ... in my defense, I figured the red along with a blue and white shirt seemed topical:
F636A627-19CD-4E8D-8615-5F6255DC608D.jpeg

I’ll wear Indy shoes tomorrow at least. Anyone care to join?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m digging those pants, man! What’s the deets?
Thanks! Spier & mackay minnis tobacco linen
Well, I screwed up - traditionally, I’ve worn all Indy-line shoes this week. Didn’t even think about it this morning ... in my defense, I figured the red along with a blue and white shirt seemed topical:
View attachment 1200538

Randolphs in burgundy shell are always a win. I've only got Indy boots :(

RMB35

Reaction score
View attachment 1200538

I normally go with Indy this week but forgot too. I went with navy shell Dundee so not all was lost. I’ll go Indy tomorrow

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I slather colored polish all over my cloth spectators. Toothbrush and baking soda have never let me down.
Actually, it sadly won't be polished at all. It is going back to the seller on the bay. It was a great find, but when I looked inside, it said size 10.5B--yet the listing said 10.5D. I cannot fit into it.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your straight-bar laces, blue socks . . . but you need to water the grass a bit to complete a great picture.

Enjoy your week,

David

View attachment 1200563
Fresh looking grass to compliment the best in shoes.

:rotflmao:

I completely agree with you. The problem is, I'm not the owner of the place we rent. I've talked to him several times and told him he needs to take care of the yard or hire someone to take care of it. To put it nicely, he's lazy and doesn't yet understand what I'm getting at. The good news is, we won't be living at this place much longer and I'll have control of the grass of where I move to next. I'll just add though that watering out here in California can sometimes be difficult because 1. It's expensive and 2. You cannot water whenever you want. There's very specific limits on the days one can legally water.

TLDR: I have to put up with the ugly grass (or lack of) for the time being. Thank you for your compliments on the shoes! The burnishing on your pair is killer.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A little clean up for tomorrow. The rarely seen (other than mine) Mason Executive Imperial shell LWB in very dark brown. Not spoilered because of shoe Appreciation. I really like the medallion pattern on these shoes. Little diamonds at the top and bottom center.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh...I've seen bloggers (who know everything) go both ways on which is more formal. I guess to me the penny strap just feels more loafer-y, while the tassels are a vestigial lacing. For me the pointier toe of the Acheson feels a bit more dressy than the LHS as well.

Loafer formality scale discussion time?
Tassels add formality has always been my view.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey slacks and your choice of socks make this a definite winner. Great job.

All my best,

David

View attachment 1200556
The Kennedy Style
Judging by the placements of their upper pockets, I'd say that picture is reversed. And here's another pic (bottom) that looks to be from the same day. Also reversed? I'm starting to wonder but I still say, yes. Why however, I do not know.

And this link below is to another pic, b&w on same day. And... the pockets are now where you'd expect. Ok, I'm done here.

Attachments

• The-Rake-John-F.-Kennedy-00002-1.jpg
    The-Rake-John-F.-Kennedy-00002-1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok fellas, need to go downtown for an errand. On the train. I don't remember it being this small.
IMG_20190702_063626.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads