• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question: is the Macneil 2.0 dead? I had a chance to visit an outlet today, and the salesperson told me that they had just brought back the original Macneil. Just curious.

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 931861
View attachment 931865
Checking in. Heading with the family to my mother’s for Sunday dinner. Wearing some of my favorite casual pieces. J Crew garment dyed MiUSA 770 jeans, Lands’ End olive chambray shirt and donegal lambswool sweater, Brown Higgins Mills. Have a great Sunday.
Looks good. No love for the coat? I love wool.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. No love for the coat? I love wool.
Thank you. It’s atually some London Fog number I got on a Black Friday deal a few years ago. I wish it was from when London Fog was a better brand. It’s a wool nylon blend I believe. Nonetheless, my main issue with it now is that it’s too big and not in the least bit flattering. But given the chance, I would buy it again in the correct size for whatever I paid for it. I like the style and color works well enough. I’m picky and it’s difficult to find outerwear that I like and can also reasonably afford.

danwatts2005

Reaction score

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick shot of my entire split-toe collection. I know not everyone is into these, but I love them. I think I'm set with AE split toes. I can't see myself adding any of the other models. The one I regret missing out on was a suede Delray on Ebay that sold for $149. I should have picked those up.

IMG_20180225_171755.jpg

Left to right:
Delray in chili (never worn vintage pair), Lasalle in dark chili, Delray bourbon, Walton brown, Malone in "brown"

I wear the bourbon Delray and Lasalle the most. The most comfortable are the Lasalle and Malone. The Malone almost never gets worn because I have better options, but it's still a great comfort shoe.

Split toes I've sold:
Clark Street in natural (too wide in the heel)
Lasalle in chili (not ideal fit in toe box)
Ashton in chili (didn't wear them once I had the Lasalle)

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you hitting that tailor that was mentioned on your way down?

Hopefully we'll all make it over to the Weaselcon!

I wish, since i drove today they werent open so it didnt work out. I have a line on a couple in DC and also there's the QG in baltimore. I'll find someone. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads