• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The refund is optional.  We can wait or cancel.

PhiPsi32, thanks as always. You've been quiet lately. Not that I've been posting much either. Been kind of frustrated with Alden lately and like some others, have been exploring other brands. Waiting on a Carmina boot mto delivery right now and and am excited about a possible ravello-like color shell mto from c&j. I think I'm done with mto's from Alden unless it's a pre-confirmed mto.

Regarding this mto, I'm going to wait to see what Alden's response and then decide.

Thanks again for all you did.

Mike147

Reaction score
How's P2 in shape versus say VASS Banana Last?

-Separate Note - Sorry that you guys are still waiting for your order though Alden. I hope it get accepted by them soon.

Ennius

Reaction score
Are there any folks here who wear the EEE Modified Last that have found a good Vass fit?

If so which Vass last and width?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thanks, gentlemen. I've been off the radar lately. Life has gotten in the way of Alden acquisitions. I hate it when that happens!!!!

advan031

Reaction score
I have forgotten I was in on this mto...lol I can wait or be refunded.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I contacted Rafael; Rafael will contact Alden; then I'll get a message back.  I'll post the news when I receive it.  If Alden has not confirmed the order, we have the option of canceling in which case all deposits will be refunded.

Hi PhiPsi32:

Has Alden not responded to Rafael? I'd like to decide if I want to remain on this mto or not. Funds for my boot addiction will be severely limited for some time after my wife and I spent the equivalent of quite a few pairs of exotic shell modified last boots on some wool and silk Persian carpets. Every penny counts now! :-<<

agfachrome25

Reaction score
I finally purchased a pair of modified last shoes from the Moulded Sole. I wear smaller sizes in men's footwear so I was thrilled to find modified last shoes in size 6.5.

I purchased this style of shoe:

http://www.mouldedshoe.com/ESW/Images/54911_(640x480).jpg

Though I find the shoes to be extremely comfortable (and I tried them on in the store) I'm starting to think I may have purchased a pair that are about a half size too large for me. I wear a Barrie last in size 6 and I'm thinking I should have purchased the same size in the modified last. There is lots of extra room in the toe box and the shoe never feels entirely snug on my foot. Is this a characteristic of the modified last or does it sound like shoes could stand to be a touch smaller? I'm considering purchasing a second pair in black in a half size smaller.

Any small footed folks out there looking for an Alden trade?

Regards,

LL

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The modified last does have more room in the toe box, than say, the Barrie. I take the same size in the modified as I do in the Barrie, basically 1/2 size down from tts.

agfachrome25

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. I seem to really bounce back and forth between Alden lasts. The Copley in 6.5 is almost on the snug side. Now, the question is whether i can get away with wearing shoes that feel a nidge too big.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. I seem to really bounce back and forth between Alden lasts. The Copley in 6.5 is almost on the snug side. Now, the question is whether i can get away with wearing shoes that feel a nidge too big.

Some people hate insoles and say that is "compromising" fit. I personally try to use inserts in all my boots, as they give me a bit more padding and comfort for my feet and don't at all consider it a compromise to the fit. As a matter of fact, I actually own a bunch of different inserts. I adjust the type of insert I use on a pair of boots to give me the ideal fit.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No news on the Modified Kudu Indy. Members who wish to withdraw from the list should contact Moulded shoe for a deposit refund.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads