• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question for you guys (the alden thread didnt answer
frown.gif
)

i wear a size 8.5 D Modified Last - have 4 pairs from moulded. wear a size 9 is most else (quoddy, etc)

i wanted to get a pair of chukkas. sized and got the Alden Leydon Suede Chukka in a 9. felt ok.

wore it at home, at work, the heels are real painful- perhaps slipping?

FYI i have narrow heels i inherited from my father.

QUESTION- do i have any options?
thanks

Sorry to hear about your issue with the chukkas. Which color suede did you get?

I wear a 7.5D in the Modified last and all the Modified boots in that size fit me really well. I bought a pair of the Leydon chukkas (in snuff) a couple of months ago at Alden SF and the SA there recommended 8E because I have a high instep. I'm guessing you got a 9D, correct?

I have pretty narrow heels as well but my chukkas don't hurt me at all. Do both your heels hurt? That's strange because these chukkas have hardly any heel counter at all. Actually, the heel counter is quite strangely shaped. Do you think that could be it?

luzer

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your issue with the chukkas.  Which color suede did you get?

I wear a 7.5D in the Modified last and all the Modified boots in that size fit me really well.  I bought a pair of the Leydon chukkas (in snuff) a couple of months ago at Alden SF and the SA there recommended 8E because I have a high instep.  I'm guessing you got a 9D, correct?

I have pretty narrow heels as well but my chukkas don't hurt me at all.  Do both your heels hurt?  That's strange because these chukkas have hardly any heel counter at all.  Actually, the heel counter is quite strangely shaped.  Do you think that could be it?

thanks for the reply
yeah. i got a 9 D in the chukka. left "upper" heel hurts. i think the shoe is slipping.
the 8.5 D chukka was tight around the wide part of my foot.

Ennius

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Epaulet is doing a MTO with Vass. I have emailed them about wide options and the rumored banana last. I will post when they reply.

It would be nice to have another option to our beloved Modified Last.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Additional Details:
Matching Stitching on Vamp as
advised by Alden

It's been somewhere around eight months since Moulded Shoe placed this MTO order. PhiPsi32/anybody else --- have you heard anything on this? I'm guessing Alden hasn't even confirmed this order yet, right? And it's not even shell, just Kudu. I'm like many others; I don't want to tie my money up on Alden MTOs anymore.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
every time I see this thread pop back up, I hope its about the kudu ML that we pre-ordered. at this point, I cant even remember the deposit given, let alone the cost
rotflmao.gif

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Additional Details:
Matching Stitching on Vamp as
advised by Alden

It's been somewhere around eight months since Moulded Shoe placed this MTO order. PhiPsi32/anybody else --- have you heard anything on this? I'm guessing Alden hasn't even confirmed this order yet, right? And it's not even shell, just Kudu. I'm like many others; I don't want to tie my money up on Alden MTOs anymore.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll admit that with the time thats passed, I cant remember what my 50% deposit is down on lol.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted Rafael; Rafael will contact Alden; then I'll get a message back. I'll post the news when I receive it. If Alden has not confirmed the order, we have the option of canceling in which case all deposits will be refunded.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted Rafael; Rafael will contact Alden; then I'll get a message back. I'll post the news when I receive it. If Alden has not confirmed the order, we have the option of canceling in which case all deposits will be refunded.

thanks for the update.

I guess if the refund comes back around, I'll just grab something else modified, maybe suede

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The refund is optional. We can wait or cancel.

ehh, I've already written the money off. I don't mind waiting, but also wont be heartbroken if I just grab a regular kudu.

thanks again for the update. appreciate you taking the lead on this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads