• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alcohol capacity

BareSolid

Reaction score
What is the best way of increasing it?

When I first started drinking I would bring up my dinner after about 4 pints but these days I can keep my lunch for rather more (around 12). However, hangovers can be bad and sometimes I lose my capacity to remember what has happened in a previous evening.

So what is the best way to increase drinking capacity?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drink more, and do it more often.

By the time you're ready to join AA you should be able to kill a couple dozen with no problem!

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Drink more, and do it more often.

By the time you're ready to join AA you should be able to kill a couple dozen with no problem!

No no I already left AskAndy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really can't drink a ton of beer. After two or three pints of Guinness, I feel full and don't want to drink anything else. Liquor is my poison of choice. I can down a fifth of bourbon in one night, no problem (well, I won't remember anything, so that can be a problem
laugh.gif
).

Gent

Reaction score
I saw this on the first page and had to jump the gun. Why? Because I heard an interesting fact yesterday.

There's an urban myth type thing that part of the increase in drinking capacity is due to the liver becoming more efficient at tackliing all that alcohol, sort of like training a muscle. However, this apparently doesn't account for the increase in capacity in the slightest. It's all due to the brain becoming used to alcohol and adjusting itself after consumption.

Therefore: drink more often.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
No no I already left AskAndy.

I almost took the bait...then I realized they have Alcoholics Anonymous in the UK.

BareSolid

Reaction score
No I can't drink more than 3 or 4 pints of Guinness either. It's very filling.

I had four pints of Guinness on Paddy's day earlier in the year, after that I was too full so I just moved on to regular bitter; in this case, Tetley's.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish my capacity was lower. Drinking would be hella lot cheaper.

K

BareSolid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I wish my capacity was lower. Drinking would be hella lot cheaper.

K

Never thought about it like that... good point.

Surely I could just do some hocus pocus to make methylated spirits drinkable?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? More volume? Tolerance? Longer stamina?

K

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BareSolid
What is the best way of increasing it?

When I first started drinking I would bring up my dinner after about 4 pints but these days I can keep my lunch for rather more (around 12). However, hangovers can be bad and sometimes I lose my capacity to remember what has happened in a previous evening.

So what is the best way to increase drinking capacity?

The best way to increase capacity is drink more and mix aggressively. The real question is: WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I would be much thinner, richer, and not bemoaning a high liver enzyme test right now if I had a lower capacity. Just start young at the sipping and enjoying stage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads