• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aftershave - using an electric shaver

Reaction score
Just wondering, is it necessary to use an aftershave when using an electric shaver?

I use an electric one (Philshaver), and since there isn't the need to put on foam, I was wondering whether using an aftershave would be helpful or necessary.

Reaction score
Anyone? 34 views and not a reply? Just a yes or no would be nice
biggrin.gif

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
Aftershave is supposed to be a "soother" for your skin, although I have never seen how slapping on alcohol can be a soother? Personally, I don't use aftershave with a straight razor or an electric. The alcohol tends to dry the skin. Instead, I use Kiehl's non-alcoholic facial toner, and, yes, I do use it after an electric shave.

ulf

Reaction score
I suppose the reason for using after shave is that the alcohol is an astringent as well as an antibacterial? If you need that, it's better to try other products though.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever met anyone who did use after shave after shaving. Most use moisturizer if they use anything IME.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads