• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The plum rough Thai silk in its first action. Everything is a bit light in this photo and not true to color. The tie is a bit shiny, so I decided to wear it on our first fall day here in DC. Was around 60 this morning when I left for work, so I put on a navy cashmere jacket. The tie works well with it, but I didn't like how it paired with smoother worsted fabrics.

Last edited:

tdude

Reaction score
Fascinating color and texture scurvy. I would love to see more pics in other lighting should you ever get the chance.

Sacrilege I know, but its 98 out. To dang hot. So I took off my suit jacket to go to lunch. Anyway, the Atkinson I think I posted before sans jacket.

tdude

Reaction score
@sftiger. It's one a local tailor made for me and as I recall, I had him try to mimic an Italian shirt I had, but I can't remember if it was borrelli or zegna or what.

Edit: I'm wrong. This shirt is a Benjamin from Ben at eHaberdasher.

Last edited:

sftiger

Reaction score

@sftiger. It's one a local tailor made for me and as I recall, I had him try to mimic an Italian shirt I had, but I can't remember if it was borrelli or zegna or what.

I had Joe Hemrajani try to do a similar thing for me. I like how yours looks better though.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very impressive stuff guys. not just the ties, but the general ensembles. well done.

GucciKid

Reaction score

lychyrychy

Reaction score
Yeah the tie does the knot itself is the best way to describe it :slayer: what a great tie company Sam Hober is.

That certainly is a good looking knot, and I'm sure pinkpanther will chime in himself, but from my experience, Hober ties basically tie themselves. I tie a standard four-in-hand and get a knot and dimple that looks like PP's pretty much every time without much effort or fuss. David does an excellent job proportioning the tie right in knot area, and the result is the perfect sized knot. The top quality materials he uses--both externally and for the interlining--ensure a nice dimple. Of course, if for some reason you don't like the result of your Hober knot tying efforts, you can always discuss with David changing the proportions of the tie in the knot area and/or construction methods. :)

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Burgundy piccola. Crappy pic but this thread is lively today, and I figured I'd get in on the action with the other burgundy shots posted. :D I like LeviMay's grossa. Could just be the pic, but it looks a bit darker and slightly more purplish than the piccola. Looks good, especially with a gray suit as someone else mentioned.

Nice ties from everyone else today, too!

Last edited:

tdude

Reaction score
Sftiger, I edited my earlier post. I was wrong on the shirt. It's a Benjamin from eHaberdasher.

Gucci, yep it's one of the Irish poplins.

That's awesome Fly! :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads