• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

jacksonn

Reaction score
HELPPP!!!

Slight problem here. I brought a pair of APC NC sz 29. I wore them for about 2 or 3 months on and off. They were starting to fade and get whiskers. Here is where disaster his. My mother decided to do laundry and put these in the washer machine. What I would like to know is will this mess up the jeans? Meaning the fades and such? PLEASE HELP ME OUT. I'm so scared they are now ruined.
It's random. They could mess up or you could get away with it. Probably depends on the washer, the heat, any tumble drying etc. Years ago my APC PS ended up in the washing machine after 4 months wear and it kind of "fluffed up" the denim. They felt crap. I ended up throwing them out. More recently I had a pair of NS that - unlike the first pair - had been cold-steeped twice. I decided to try to shrink them via washing machine. Same wash cycle. It worked. Not only that but the denim feels the same as before the wash.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will stretch in the waist but any stretching in the calves, thighs or elsewhere will be minimal at most. Do not expect any significant stretching.

Well they aren't exactly tight until I try to bend down or move excessively. I think as the denim softens, I will feel more mobile in them. The waist is already a good fit. I tried sizing down but I couldn't even get the 32 above my knees. I tried the New Standard in raw but the leg opening is just way too wide for my liking. Having said that, I have the NS in the washed and because of how the fabric falls (or drapes or whatever) they wide leg opening doesn't look as extreme.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna be that noob. I've been wearing a pair of PS in size 27 for like 3 years now. Looking to buy a new pair or maybe switch to NC. Can anyone give me the quick low down on the difference? Is the rise lower on NC? Leg wider? Should I take the same size?

eugen eugen

Reaction score
rise is higher, hips are little wider, leg is skinny, but slight flare at ankle( i got that tapered) best fitting apcs imo

dgtl-rn

Reaction score
PS sizing help pls; I'm a true 31, tried a 29 and the fit was spot on, but the waist was pretty tight. I could do it all the way up but had a muffin top going on. Will they stretch out so i lose the muffin top? Size 30 feels almost a tiny bit loose at the waist, so if they stretch i guess they'll fall off me. I'm a slim guy as well so it was weird.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
solid dark black or that 'faux black' ie a sort of charcoal color? (the latter is often on sale since it's seasonal I think)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

solid dark black or that 'faux black' ie a sort of charcoal color? (the latter is often on sale since it's seasonal I think)

I don't think there are PNS in black. I was looking for a pair back then. They only had them in ps.

looking for these...

vrooom

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm trying to find out my size for a pair of petit standards. There are no shops that sell APC near where I live so I hope to get mine right the first time. I have a 26 inch waist and I'm 27 inches around my hips where I guess the jeans will be sitting because they are low rise. I'm pretty skinny. According to Context's measurements, APCs are slightly vanity sized (waist measurement is 1 inch more than size number). So I was wondering if I should get a size 25 from context with free shipping with a 26" waist or get a size 24 from APC's website with $11 shipping. Though if I buy from Context's website and need a smaller size I'm screwed because they don't do refunds, only exchanges and store credit. Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads