• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-holes who report to you

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
In my experience, they tend to wear slutty skirts, so it's not all bad. But they are often really annoying.

You've managed women before?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd say the corporate world has nothing on higher ed for sheer asshattery. Remember all those douchebag professors you had in school and then remember that they have to report to SOMEBODY. I wouldn't want to be a dean for ANY amount of money for the stupid **** they deal with. There are so many stories, but I like this one. I think I've shared this before: A few years back a young guy, recent grad, applied to teach in our department for his first assistant professorship and while talking to the Dean during his initial interview, said, "Oh, by the way, I don't teach or work on Wedesndays. Those are my days for reflection and meditation." I believe the dean's response was, "Well, that's fine. You'll have Wednesdays and every other day to reflect, because you sure won't be working here."

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
You've had it easy until you have managed multiple ambitious women, each vying for attention, approval, and recognition at the expense of each other.

gaaaaah.

In a former role, I dealt with second-income-types, passive-aggressive moms-and-grandmothers, all of them legacy hires: all thought they were as smart as Jack Welch. It was a short time until my stock reply became: I'm the manager, if you don't like it you can vote with your damn feet - there's the door.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I'd say the corporate world has nothing on higher ed for sheer asshattery. Remember all those douchebag professors you had in school and then remember that they have to report to SOMEBODY. I wouldn't want to be a dean for ANY amount of money for the stupid **** they deal with. There are so many stories, but I like this one. I think I've shared this before:

A few years back a young guy, recent grad, applied to teach in our department for his first assistant professorship and while talking to the Dean during his initial interview, said, "Oh, by the way, I don't teach or work on Wedesndays. Those are my days for reflection and meditation."

I believe the dean's response was, "Well, that's fine. You'll have Wednesdays and every other day to reflect, because you sure won't be working here."

laugh.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
laugh.gif

Oh, geez, I've got tons.

Psycholinguistics prof who probably has Asperger's or Autism and who responded "I'm right; everybody else is wrong" to a bad series of awful reviews/evaluations from her Department Head with statistical evidence and a literature review about why her teaching SHOULD work, even though all the evidence had nothing to do with the classes she was teaching (she was really an awful teacher.) She had this lovely ANOVA of why everybody else in the universe was wrong, but not one person who would actually back her up.

Writing Instructor who made up having a kid... then having that kid get killed in an accident with her ex-husband (who was also made up) in order to get out of having to teach the last half of the term and grade her exams, while still earning a paycheck.

The fun never stops in higher ed. Whether ivy league or community college, professors are a bunch of whiny, sniveling, entitled bitches.

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
Given the A-holes that populate the universe, what's the most pragmatic zone to be in?
I'd say going from Team Leader to Country Club as net worth increases is the zone I'd want to be in.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Writing Instructor who made up having a kid... then having that kid get killed in an accident with her ex-husband (who was also made up) in order to get out of having to teach the last half of the term and grade her exams, while still earning a paycheck.

This is pretty impressive.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
This is pretty impressive.
What's more impressive would be if I told you that the spineless department head at the time actually LET HER KEEP TEACHING even after confronted about what happened. He didn't want to "make waves" or risk a law suit. He let this crazy ***** stay in the classroom with students for the rest of the next term after she "came back after putting their affairs in order." There were no affairs to put in order; the people never existed. She eventually quit and left after that term, because pretty much nobody wanted to speak to her... but still... they let her keep teaching and didn't remove her. I can only assume she's teaching somewhere else and pulling the same **** again. That's higher ed, folks! I'm surprised they didn't promote her to Vice-Dean, just to get her out of the office without "making waves." Note: for full disclosure, I will say that this isn't at the place I am now, but one before (one that I left rather quickly.)

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirSuturesALot
BlakeMoutonGrid.jpg

Given the A-holes that populate the universe, what's the most pragmatic zone to be in?

A-hole management 101, when reason fails allways be the bigger A-hole.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow

What's more impressive would be if I told you that the spineless department head at the time actually LET HER KEEP TEACHING even after confronted about what happened.

He didn't want to "make waves" or risk a law suit. He let this crazy ***** stay in the classroom with students for the rest of the next term after she "came back after putting their affairs in order." There were no affairs to put in order; the people never existed.

She eventually quit and left after that term, because pretty much nobody wanted to speak to her... but still... they let her keep teaching and didn't remove her. I can only assume she's teaching somewhere else and pulling the same **** again.

That's higher ed, folks! I'm surprised they didn't promote her to Vice-Dean, just to get her out of the office without "making waves."

Note: for full disclosure, I will say that this isn't at the place I am now, but one before (one that I left rather quickly.)

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GT, I think not being the 'blood thirsty' is the right way to go. We have a manager where I'm working that really enjoys firing people. I really took a liking to the guy in the beginning with this job, but truely despise him for some of his firings.

He's the kind of guy who plays a practical joke on someone, then fires them for getting him back.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How old is the guy GT?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
How old is the guy GT?

36-37.

he is reasonably good at heart, just an ahhshole. and I am trying make him a better person, so selfish reasons

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
In my experience, they tend to wear slutty skirts, so it's not all bad. But they are often really annoying.

What experience???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads