• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Collection of Sartorial Excellence 2008

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Let me just state for the record that anybody who's coming to this from another city is a total effing dork. From another state, the word for you hasn't been invented yet.

1. I take this personally.
2. I know that for you, "dork" is a compliment.
3. Thanks! (I'm counting DC as another city. Although, the chinatown bus will be passing through a state or four.)

shawndo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
Me too.....I'll be hiding behind shoes, though.

Maybe we can have optional name tags available
"Please excuse the mess, I am under construction!"

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I must be on the black list... I requested an invite twice and never received anything...
confused.gif

That's right! You put yourself on the blacklist: You have opted-out of the Sartorial Excellence mailing list sometime during the past year. The Anti-Spam policies of Constant Contact will not let me add you back in. You've gotta do it yourself! You must go here and opt yourself back to the Sartorial Excellence Newsletter in or Constant Contact prevents us from sending the invitation.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Special Announcement:
We'll be showing some of the fabulous custom-made leather goods from April in Paris who will debut at the 2009 Collection of Sartorial Excellence. Here are a few samples:

AprilinParis_LOGO72.jpg

iPhone Cases

iPhone_case1_72.jpg

Cigar Cases

Cigarcase72.jpg

Toothpick Cases

Toothpickcases72.jpg

Final Additions to the Raffle:

From Jonathan Fisher's Four-In-Hand, three sets of three ties each:

FIHLogo.jpg

FIH1.jpg

FIH2.jpg

FIH3.jpg

And from the brand new

RiderLogo.jpg

A pair of Shell Cordovan boots of the winner's choice from the sample collection of Ron Rider's new brand set to debut later this year!

OK. We're outta here! If you haven't requested an invitation by now, it's too late. You'll just have to scalp one off somebody who already got one. See you Friday ... or Saturday!

A Collection of Sartorial Excellence Copyright Â
00a9.png
2005 Alexander S. Kabbaz
Photos Copyright Â
00a9.png
2007 Alexander S. Kabbaz - All Rights Reserved - Reproduction Prohibited​

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I like that red tie, and I hate red ties. Can you rig it so that I win it?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
So does the fact that I am a few blocks away and will not be going make me incredibly cool?

Originally Posted by Manton
No, that counts as trying too hard. Besides, the fact that you stay away is proof that you know your sleeve pitch sucks and you don't want to ruin your carefully cultivated -- but phony -- Internet reputation by displaying that to those in the know.

einsteinshowphppz1.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
IS there a chance to win any Seaman & Stearn VII fold ties?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
April in Paris is on my list of places to try. Will Beatrice Amblard be there, or is this just a teaser until 2009?

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
April in Paris is on my list of places to try. Will Beatrice Amblard be there, or is this just a teaser until 2009?
Bea will be here in 2009. For this year you're stuck with me and a whole lot of Bea's pieces. They're for sale, but you could also specify any one of them being made in your choice of materials/colors/etc.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
IS there a chance to win any Seaman & Stearn VII fold ties?
That depends upon which day you have RSVP'd for. Was that Friday? ... Or Saturday? ... or Never?

You must be one of those with sucky sleeve pitch, eh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads