• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tasted a little bit, exactly what you would expect!

Protip: Mix some of the bourbon syrup with greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, and some pecans. It's magical.

Also, scoop some vanilla ice cream into a bowl, stick it back in the freezer till it's rock hard. Heat up some maple syrup and drizzle it over the ice cream. Also magical.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Protip: Mix some of the bourbon syrup with greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, and some pecans. It's magical.

Also, scoop some vanilla ice cream into a bowl, stick it back in the freezer till it's rock hard. Heat up some maple syrup and drizzle it over the ice cream. Also magical.
Protip Pt 2: Electric Boogaloo - Use the bourbon syrup as a sweetener in tea. (Sorry, Brits. I'm a bloody numpty and I know it.)

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Tip 3. Mix with custard, enjoy on fruit cake.

Also, if you haven't got your Thriftmas box yet. Please keep a look out. Not sure the one I sent has arrived yet. Sorry about it. :embar:

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

It took two carriers and three cross country trips, but the package from @Chotii showed up last night. Here it is in all its glory. There is a vintage Zegna cashmere/wool scarf that looks to be related to the release of an old Italian car from the 90s, kind of a cool piece of history! Any car guys knew what a Lancia Thema was without searching? There is also a pair of Allen Edmonds Fairfax in Black that are in great shape. They are similar to a pair I have already, but different enough to warrant some space. I also received a bottle of Bourbon Barrel aged Maple Syrup, very cool. Finally, a nip of Brown Sugar Bourbon from Washington. If I didn't get a free upgrade to first class on tonight's flight, I would be bringing this with me. Next flight. Merry Christmas all and a Happy New Year!
Glad to hear that it FINALLY got solved! Man, you guys were cursed! Great stuff that you received. I actually don't think the Zegna scarf is vintage, it's from the relaunch they did of the Lancia Thema from two or three years ago. Either way, great scarf!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Belated shout-out to my anonymous Santa in Cincinnati for a BB sweater, gray and brown BB gabs, and a bottle of Woodford! You didn't put your name on or in the box, so I'm not sure who you are, but thank you!

DF38CA3A-FDC7-4C9B-8790-8EDA6BAC3E2E.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woodford is very nice, great choice.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know who's a schmuck? Me, because it took so long for me to post unboxing photos.

But you know who's awesome? Frickin' @Thrift Vader, who I was lucky enough to get for my Secret Santa:

Thoughtful handwritten note (pic isn't uploading argh)

Awesome Edwin Jacket:

Assortment of wild handkerchiefs:

Super cozy scarves:

Honkin' huge PRL Belt:

Action figure (in Vader's words "a daily reminder that our group of friends is worldwide) which now has a place of honor on my office windowsill:

THANKS AGAIN VADER AND MERRY THRIFTSMAS!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads