• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP x Styleforum jean: poll and opinions

phooi

Reaction score
Were the size of the back pockets reduced? I can't tell by the pictures.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
These aren't the type of jeans I'd wear stacked, but I'd like to see it sized down one as well, maybe the legs would be slim enough then.

We are actually decreasing the hem by 1". So, the jean will actually have a hem just slightly smaller than the knee. The reason for this is that, with the cut and material, a true straightleg balloons a little too much in the calf, and we would like a slimming profile all the way down. Also, the front rise will be dropped a fraction of an inch, and the J fly will be slightly shorter, and the shape of the rise will be adjusted so that Barry is not given a wedgie, and so neither will you, which will fiz the comfort problem as well as the slight pulling at the crotch and butt. The back pocket will be slightly smaller than in the current pictures. Also, the yoke will be a little less angled, and the body of the jean will go over the yoke (like a pair of Levis) rather than the other way around (like a pair of Wranglers).

Anyway, I think that you guys will like the final product. Denim will be amazing, obviously. I'll post pics and measurements for the finalized sample (size 32) once we have it, and have done all the last minute adjustments.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If they're slightly tapered, they'll work perfect with my dressier kicks. Good job Fok, I had my doubts about you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Can I also get an imprint of your lips embossed on the crotch?
Hmmm, no can do. I can do a permanent imprint of my Chucks up your ass though, if you'd like
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by jet
If they're slightly tapered, they'll work perfect with my dressier kicks. Good job Fok, I had my doubts about you.
I aim to please you man. It's very important to me

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Hmmm, no can do. I can do a permanent imprint of my Chucks up your ass though, if you'd like
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

You sure you can't? Rye told me it was very possible
bigstar[1].gif

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
these are looking really nice. the initial description sounded kinda meh but they are looking quite badass.

dry the rain

Reaction score
they look quite nice. i'm impressed.

i think that reworking the shape of the back rise is a very good idea though. that denim wedgie look is just bad for everyone. i think it puts the pockets at a bit of a strange angle as well.

i'm excited to see the sample.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hitman you are one sexy *****, not as vigilant as your name suggests.

Brian SD

Reaction score
What you guys see as a denim wedgie looks more to me like a nice contour.. I like the fit as is, except if it were up to me the rise would be a bit lower (already being done though, so..)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
PS. Denim looks spectacular on this guys, is this the standard 5ep indigo?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
What you guys see as a denim wedgie looks more to me like a nice contour.. I like the fit as is, except if it were up to me the rise would be a bit lower (already being done though, so..)

Too.. easy... must... resist... urge... to... mock...

Godmother

Reaction score
I have been trying to explain to the factory in Japan...that " up the crack is whack " and never thought of explaining it as a " wedgie "...thanks. I must add this to denim factory terms for future reference. Never fear, we are lowering the Front Rise and adjusting Back Rise as I type...

AnotherVictim

Reaction score
Way too excited for the finished project, it just hurts my bank to know I'm gonna have to buy these and either the SExSC or SExI.

In any case, I'm trying to ask if is any proposed price-range info that can be leaked?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads