• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

gambit402

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, if you're comfortable with the fit then you should keep it, but if not then it's an easy flip. I can't offer any advice on soaking the jacket for further shrinkage but i'm sure someone can chime in. I think it's really up to you what use you want out of the jacket. I've never viewed 3sixteen's type3 as the layering type. That is, they're perfect with just a tee or button up underneath but not with a hoody, unless that's what you're going for.

I've debated on picking this jacket up myself. I wear a large in the crosscut flannel and would be an xl in the type3, unfortunately, my funds are being diverted to other denim purchases.
Re-divert! LOL...Nah...thanks for the help. If I'm wearing a single long sleeve or a tee then it's definitely big and it shows.

gte872h

Reaction score
Probably minimal shrinkage because it's sanforized denim. I'd recommend sizing down since denim jackets look better fitted. You can stretch it a bit anyways.

Medoc

Reaction score
How are the heavyweight hoodies? Haven't seen a ton of feedback on them on here but they seem to sell quickly. Can anyone comment on the quality? They look exceptional just thought I'd ask around before grabbing one.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the black hoodie and I really like it and I am not much of a hoodie person at all. The fit is outstanding and that is what convinced me to buy it. I have only had it for a couple of months so I cannot comment on how it wears over time. I also think the price is reasonable vs comparable pieces in the marketplace.

marvaments

Reaction score

How are the heavyweight hoodies?  Haven't seen a ton of feedback on them on here but they seem to sell quickly.  Can anyone comment on the quality?  They look exceptional just thought I'd ask around before grabbing one. 

I have one and the fit is really nice. Being able to unzip the bottom is nice. Haven't washed it yet but it's very comfy otherwise. Not too expensive compared to other brands.

Michaelm93

Reaction score
@gambit402 I know you already decided but I definitely think an L would be good. I wear an M in 3sixteen shirts like you and have the Type3 in a large. It definitely stretches some. I wore a longsleeve and the red crosscut flannel underneath it for two days straight and already noticed it fit less snug after.

Hoodie owners, how tall are you, what size did you go for and where does the hoodie end approximately? For some reason I can never find the right length.

gambit402

Reaction score

@gambit402
I know you already decided but I definitely think an L would be good. I wear an M in 3sixteen shirts like you and have the Type3 in a large. It definitely stretches some. I wore a longsleeve and the red crosscut flannel underneath it for two days straight and already noticed it fit less snug after.

Hoodie owners, how tall are you, what size did you go for and where does the hoodie end approximately? For some reason I can never find the right length.

Yea. I ordered the large and agree with everyone's input. Good to know that I just have to suck it up for a day or two.

brooks23

Reaction score
Anyone have any input on how long it takes the hand-warmer pockets to stop crocking onto your hands with the Type 3s? Not a huge deal, but any time I have my hands in the pockets for more than a couple minutes I end up with blue fingers. I'd say I've worn it in the neighborhood of 15 times so far.

Last edited:

JL77

Reaction score

Anyone have any input on how long it takes the hand-warmer pockets to stop crocking onto your hands with the Type 3s? Not a huge deal, but any time I have my hands in the pockets for more than a couple minutes I end up with blue fingers. I'd say I've worn it in the neighborhood of 15 times so far.

The crocking shouldn't be from the pockets as they are black corduroy. It's probably from the denim on the pocket opening or just handling the denim in general. This usually goes away within a few weeks of wear.

Last edited:

ajchen

Reaction score

This upcoming weekend, we will be holding a sample sale in LA. Hours are below, and you can find more information here:
http://www.3sixteen.com/blogs/news/71944197-la-sample-sale

Friday, January 8th: 5-8p (Friends & Family only)
Saturday, January 9th: 11a-6p
Sunday, January 10th: 12-5p

912 E. 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads