• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

marvaments

Reaction score
There are other reasons to come to LA - make a fun weekend out of it!

And if you fly all the way from MI for the sample sale, you are definitely my friend.
Ahhh, don't tempt me. I would if i could, but school starts up soon and it would be a little tight in terms of time. Thanks for the temptation though, will jealously await word of all the interesting finds :)

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are other reasons to come to LA - make a fun weekend out of it!

And if you fly all the way from MI for the sample sale, you are definitely my friend.

does that mean you'll be in town from new york?

ajchen

Reaction score
Heads up everyone who's coming to the sample sale on Saturday - we had to move the start time back from 10am to 11am. Sunday hours remain the same. I'm sure some of you will arrive early anyways but wanted to let you know so that you could plan accordingly. See you there!

johnnykicks

Reaction score
@ajchen When do the Stadium jackets usually get released? Is it a seasonal or bi-seasonal deal or just annually? I'm a little late to the party for the black but hoping that it will come back eventually? I read here that you only release a couple colors at a time but surely you'll run out of colors to make and decide black always works right? ;)

Also what kind of measuring format do you guys use for sizing your products on ur site? I'm looking at snagging a couple of the Heavyweight tees for my bday but when I look at the size specs you guys posted and compared those to some other sites like Self Edge the two aren't the same. Since im right at the cusp of a XL with a L being to small I want to make sure I go with the right size.

Boyd

Reaction score
The stadium jacket always go sold out very quickly, 3sixteen should consider making longer runs of this model.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions, as I'm looking at my first pair of 3sixteen in several years and don't recall all of the details from my previous pair...

1. Are the front pockets the same depth on all models, and are all deep enough for a typical smartphone?

2. I've looked at different sites' measurements and am a little confused about how the cuts compare; would it be fair to say that an SL will fit similarly from the thigh up to an ST sized up one (so a 32 SL having a similar top block to a 33 ST)?

3. Any plans for upcoming resin coated jeans similar to the old black-resin-on-indigo-denim jeans from a while back? Had forgotten about these (I sized wrong and ended up giving away) but was recently reminded how awesome the fabric was!

Thanks!

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I got to try some SL-120x in a 32 and I could barely get them the last inch up my thigh, and they were about an inch or two from being able to close at the waist. So, now the question is what to do, so I'd appreciate some guidance on the following:

1. If I can't even get a 32 to close, and the thigh is skin tight, I'm assuming I'll want a 34, not a 33?

2. With the above in mind, how would I want to size the ST-120x or should I not even bother trying?

3. SL-120x is sold out on 3sixteen's site in 33 and 34 (I prefer to buy from them direct since they offer refunds); how often do they restock these?

4. Would I be best off with the CT fit instead, even though I prefer the rise of the SL/ST, and does 3sixteen sell the CT-120x, or just BO?

Thanks!

mike1445

Reaction score
Ok, so I got to try some SL-120x in a 32 and I could barely get them the last inch up my thigh, and they were about an inch or two from being able to close at the waist. So, now the question is what to do, so I'd appreciate some guidance on the following:

1. If I can't even get a 32 to close, and the thigh is skin tight, I'm assuming I'll want a 34, not a 33?

2. With the above in mind, how would I want to size the ST-120x or should I not even bother trying?

3. SL-120x is sold out on 3sixteen's site in 33 and 34 (I prefer to buy from them direct since they offer refunds); how often do they restock these?

4. Would I be best off with the CT fit instead, even though I prefer the rise of the SL/ST, and does 3sixteen sell the CT-120x, or just BO?

Thanks!
3Sixteen CT-120x http://www.blueowl.us/collections/3...denim-classic-tapered-fit?variant=10297017217

3sixteen+ 32BSP http://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen-plus?product_id=1289

3sixteen+ 30BSP 15.5oz http://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen-plus?product_id=1017

check these cuts. all three of these have a little more room inthe thigh than the SL, CT moreso than the BSPs. top two are shadow denim and the 30BSP that's just a really nice 15.5 oz material

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3Sixteen CT-120x http://www.blueowl.us/collections/3...denim-classic-tapered-fit?variant=10297017217

3sixteen+ 32BSP http://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen-plus?product_id=1289

3sixteen+ 30BSP 15.5oz http://www.selfedge.com/3sixteen-plus?product_id=1017

check these cuts. all three of these have a little more room inthe thigh than the SL, CT moreso than the BSPs. top two are shadow denim and the 30BSP that's just a really nice 15.5 oz material

Thanks. Who's measurements would you consider most accurate (since 3s, SE and BO all have slight variations for the exact same jean)?

I also don't know that I need a roomier jean, per se, it's possible I just sized wrong. My "typical" jeans size is a 32 or 33, but perhaps 3sixteen just doesn't vanity size as much as others, in which case I may just need to go bigger.

mike1445

Reaction score
The BSPs are exclusive to self edge so that should be the only site that has measurements for all three styles. They'll stretch but you want to be able to get them on from the get go, any way you can get to a location to try them out?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixieboweres