• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3pc suit w/o tie

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
to me that falls into the category of 'some dudes could probably pull it off'

I am not such a dude. Sinatra was. Maybe.

I suppose it wouldnt look out of place at your 5am nightcap bar when you are tastefully disheveled and reflecting upon the evening's preceding frivolities...short of that, not recommended.

If your lifestyle regularly involves such frivolities, I would like to extend an invitation to you to post more frequently in my rolling thread.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saturday_night_fever.article.jpg

MunnyGuy

Reaction score
You say 3 piece suit without a tie and I automatically think:

17656.jpg

Damn too late!!!!!!! lol

rherreid

Reaction score
The whole concept strikes too much discord for me. A three piece suit in itself already calls enough attention and something so conspicuously missing would just make the outfit look affected.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Almost everyone's reply seems modest and I guess at the end of the day it's your call, but what most people are really telling you is "Please wear a tie or lose the vest . . . ."

Seriously, this is a no go . . .

And, "back to the future" is not a based on true stories . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads