• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21st century women can be difficult

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I edited my post so as to be less insulting, not that it wasn't sincere or anything.
I laud your sincerity, however misdirected. Care to state a premise or are you going to continue to roll with what you claim I don't know? Is that some new method they teach in philosophy classes nowadays or is that 'technique' unique to you?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You're a condescending asshole with your little smileys and coming from me that's quite the insult. At least I don't need to add a
smile.gif
when I call you out on your crass ignorance.

At least I'm condescending, you're not even that.
wink.gif

swisschalet

Reaction score
Would we even be having this conversation if it was the other way around? If he wanted to not go to work every day, stay home, have a housekeeper clean the house/cook the meals and have a nanny take care of the kid (which means he is essentially doing nothing), while the wife works 60 hrs a week. I would guess most people would tell him to man up, not be a wussy, call him a bum, tell him to contribute to society, etc. Here in north america, women get treated with kid gloves due to a combination of feminist design and an ingrained white-knighting culture.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
My wife who is a biologist disagrees with your girlfriend and I'm being really charitable. Aren't you 16 or so? HS biology is not "understanding".
wink.gif

Which field, sugar? Her understanding may be a little hazy if she's spent the last few years working in a pathology lab
wink.gif
My GF is a senior bio/spanish double major (spanish obviously irrelevant here) by hours with three semesters of research in biological anthropology and probably going to graduate SCL. I'm on my phone right now. I'll present a proper argument when I have a keyboard. Just to be sure- you're arguing that women need to be treated differently on the basis of biology? Could you expand on that further? It'll expedite the process a bit.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Which field, sugar? Her understanding may be a little hazy if she's spent the last few years working in a pathology lab
wink.gif

Molecular. Specialty, neuro. Honey.
wink.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Molecular. Specialty, neuro. Honey.
wink.gif

That's impressive. Highly relevant to my interests. Are we approaching this from a chemical perspective then? I need more if we're going to get this ball rollin, babe
wink.gif

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the **** is up with the nerd fights up there?

There is no question that early feminism movement was to promote equal legal rights for women. You would be better off not arguing against that point.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
That's impressive. Highly relevant to my interests. Are we approaching this from a chemical perspective then? I need more if we're going to get this ball rollin, babe
wink.gif

Sure. Remember I'm Phys/NE so this is second hand. It's been well demonstrated that in utero exposure to androgens causes structural differences between male and female brains. These differences result in differing modes of cognition- not better or worse, mind you, just different. Therefore assuming for "political" reasons that men and women think the same (identity as in identical) has no basis in science. Link to an old article but there's a ton out there: http://psy2.ucsd.edu/~mgorman/Berenbaum.pdf
wink.gif

word

Reaction score
What is progressive about a stay at home mom that doesn't work? I don't get it. That sounds more traditional to me. Well, except for the fact that you need a house cleaner and nanny 'cause she's too spoiled to do it herself.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
What is progressive about a stay at home mom that doesn't work? I don't get it. That sounds more traditional to me. Well, except for the fact that you need a house cleaner and nanny 'cause she's too spoiled to do it herself.
Maybe they need to add a chef/cook to the staff and then it would work for everyone
biggrin.gif

hannahmontana

Reaction score
Sure. Remember I'm Phys/NE so this is second hand. It's been well demonstrated that in utero exposure to androgens causes structural differences between male and female brains. These differences result in differing modes of cognition- not better or worse, mind you, just different. Therefore assuming for "political" reasons that men and women think the same (identity as in identical) has no basis in science.

Link to an old article but there's a ton out there:

http://psy2.ucsd.edu/~mgorman/Berenbaum.pdf

wink.gif

incorrect. cognitive differences between men and women are, universally, statistically tiny with vastly greater within group differences than between group differences.

hannahmontana

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cross22
What the **** is up with the nerd fights up there?

There is no question that early feminism movement was to promote equal legal rights for women. You would be better off not arguing against that point.

the same applies to the current feminist movement.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hannahmontana
incorrect. cognitive differences between men and women are, universally, statistically tiny with vastly greater within group differences than between group differences.
Oh really? Can you characterize your answer as to what differences you're mentioning? Data would be nice as well.
wink.gif

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hannahmontana
the same applies to the current feminist movement.
not really, how many women in the early feminist movement wanted the right to be conscripted? the same question can be asked about the modern feminist movement as well. you do not hear abotu women marching to be able to be conscripted. in general one could say they wanted the legal benefits of being citizen but not the full responsibilities of the being a citizen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads