• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2016-17 College Football Season Threak

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today we are all Wolverines!

**** these refs in the Michigan-Ohio State game.

Jim … Harbaugh … is that you? Consider a move to Cleveland. You would look great next to LeDoosh while wearing Whine & Gold.

Rose Bowl wants to speak with you

Really? You know I'm a Bruin die-hard but let's be honest … the Rose is scenic and historic, but as an actual stadium it kinda sucks.

Same with Dodger … both amazing and legendary, but in need of major upgrades and modern improvements. They started that with Dodger … haven't seen **** at Rose except the new VIP lounge or whatever where I will supposedly finally be able to have a f'g drink while watching football.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes and Yes. You also get to park and tailgate on a golf course. You have an odd definition of "open up". Compare:
to:
Also they are #1 and #2 with the Ivies rounding out the top tier.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you beat your in state rival this year please raise your hand...m

Heh. :fistbump:

I mean, sure Tech sucks, but UGA just sucks that little bit more ... :satisfied:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Heh. :fistbump:

I mean, sure Tech sucks, but UGA just sucks that little bit more ... :satisfied:

I wondered if I'd be hearing from you this year, my old e-friend. For someone who is two of the things I hate most in the world (Canadians and Techies), you're an alright dude. Enjoy this one, because if the last few decades are any indication, it'll be at least the 2030s until you're again able to celebrate two NATS victories in the same half decade (and about seven years before you'll celebrate another one at all).

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I have to say, I love the geographic spread of the likely four playoff teams. Should be a great season.

And, FSU might get to play Michigan in the Orange Bowl, which will be fun as hell to go to.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well, the Rose Bowl is a pretty good consolation prize.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hope you can skip Alabama first round though. That's a pain

I hope we sneak into the Fiesta Bowl (cause I would go to that game). As far as chances to actually win the whole damn thing, I'd rather play Bama first - give Petersen as much time to game plan for them as possible.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Hard to play football with one hand around your throat.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Penn State Wisconsin was great (fantastic comeback and second half defensive effort). Pretty much every other conference championship game was mediocre, though Virginia Tech came close to making Clemson a verb for the second time this season.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Penn State Wisconsin was great (fantastic comeback and second half defensive effort). Pretty much every other conference championship game was mediocre, though Virginia Tech came close to making Clemson a verb for the second time this season.

I thought the pac 12 championship was great!

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought the pac 12 championship was great!

Hah! I suppose there is at least one fan base that thoroughly enjoyed it (maybe USC too, hoping Colorado getting blown out helps their comparative ranking and gets them the Rose Bowl).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There should be zero arguments from anyone, regardless of team loyalty, about the Championship lineup.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads