• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm having a hard time coming to terms with injuries in this sport. Small poke to the arm, and down on the grass writing in pain. Concussion? Back in action!

take it from a hockey fan, FIFA needs to take concussions and head injuries very seriously.
I read somewhere that soccer players' brains are pretty akin to that of a pro boxer. Heading the ball, not to mention random knocks, really builds up over time. That's much more worrisome than some flesh wound. The brain doesn't recover. A bruise? That's a funny story a few weeks down the line.
In my typically perverse fashion, I think I'm looking forward to the third-place match more than the final
I'm really interested to see if the Brazilian team can prove me wrong. I've been saying from way before the match that the Brazilian side are a group of frontrunners, talented, but with no heart. I'll consider myself wrong if those yobos can rally up a good performance when everyone is down on them, and there is nothing left to win except a bit of dignity. We'll see.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It would've been even more interesting if it'd been Brazil v. Argentina, of course, but I think a match against the Netherlands is still a good litmus test. Winning against the Dutch would still mean something, even if it doesn't quite salvage the team's dignity. And despite van Gaal's public remarks about the third-place match, one hopes the Dutch players themselves would be out to prove that they can beat up on Brazil too.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does "tore my anus" actually mean? Did he strain/tear the gluteal muscle? Or does he now have an asshole four times its normal diameter?

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious. How does one feel compelled to share with the world that one tore his a.hole? For whatever reason? Hell, M. Douglas sharing of the perceived reason for his illness had some value. But this one? Don't tackle and stretch if you don't want a 2nd hole? Ridiculous.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS: Got a better one:
"See what I did there for my country? I put ****** on the line. Literally."

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how about: "the Netherlands/Arjen Robben tore me a new asshole"

Last edited:

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ It would've been even more interesting if it'd been Brazil v. Argentina, of course, but I think a match against the Netherlands is still a good litmus test. Winning against the Dutch would still mean something, even if it doesn't quite salvage the team's dignity. And despite van Gaal's public remarks about the third-place match, one hopes the Dutch players themselves would be out to prove that they can beat up on Brazil too.

Yes, will be interesting to see how Brazil players have recovered...

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/396662/2014-2015-official-footy-thread-brazil-2014-football-soccer-calcio-voetball-f-tbol-futebol-etc/1250_50#post_7245176 layout=inline]Quote:[/CONTENTEMBED]
i'm having a hard time coming to terms with injuries in this sport. Small poke to the arm, and down on the grass writing in pain. Concussion? Back in action!

take it from a hockey fan, FIFA needs to take concussions and head injuries very seriously.

I read somewhere that soccer players' brains are pretty akin to that of a pro boxer.  Heading the ball, not to mention random knocks, really builds up over time.  That's much more worrisome than some flesh wound.  The brain doesn't recover.  A bruise?  That's a funny story a few weeks down the line.

Anyone know what the data on this is? Roughly?

I'm a casual watcher and find the universal camaraderie pretty special, and I hear so much on American Football and then to a much lesser degree on other popular sports.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
It's not knockouts so RVP can score again. Awesome start for Brazil !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads