• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer, Calcio, Voetball, Fútbol, Futebo

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

Heart attack for nothing : )
In that case 120min went on pretty evenly. Stil not (too) sore about loss, that the way it works with penalties.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much looked in during most replays too , agreed offside call was wrong but didn't matter ultimately :)

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah pretty much looked in during most replays too , agreed offside call was wrong but didn't matter ultimately :)

Indeed, in that case it didnt matter.
The game was a defensive masterclass from both sides though. Robben was put on a leash as you rightly state. So was Messi though (which you failed to mention ;) ).

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hm, I don't like it when ppl just see one side of the story and are only overly focussed on revealing one teams shortcomings. Its good to support a team but don't loose sense of objectivity.
In all fairness I don't think Arg's goal was an offside so the final result is justified.

If this is directed at me, since I have the post directly above yours, I assure you that I'm not being biased against the Netherlands. I'm saying that neither team was able to exploit the defensive scheme to create many chances.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Indeed, in that case it didnt matter. The game was a defensive masterclass from both sides though. Robben was put on a leash as you rightly state. So was Messi though (which you failed to mention ;) ).
yes both were subdued though i'll hand the slight edge to messi as he took on more players and he created slightly more chances, namely in 84th and at the very end. messi had 14 duels won to robben's 5, and messi recovered 5 to robben's 2. just seemed more involved. yes he was pushed out of what is the danger zone in terms of his play, but even then he was smashing past 3 or 4 players just in the wrong areas, and in that sense LVG replicated what Mourinho has been able to do to him on occasion.
robben
LL
messi
LL
I think Kuyt deserves a lot of credit. he has one of the worst touches I've seen in a top level footballer, but his work rate and positional awareness has always been excellent, he was always a positive for liverpool in those terms, but there was a time when they relied on him for goals and that did not work well.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. ****. crap. ass. balls. etc.

another year, another 0 for nederland. i will go watch replays van gelder calling the spain game to make myself feel better now...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a fairly subdued game. I am willing to put money that all the players were thinking "First things first. Let's not get humiliated as badly as Brazil did yesterday. That would suck."

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let me just say that the Argentina coach is awesome - standing there, not leaving the sideline, in his suit and tie, and getting as rain-soaked as the players on the field.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope I'm wrong, but I fear the final is going to be a repeat of Germany's pummeling of Argentina in the 2010 World Cup quarterfinals. Has Argentina looked championship caliber in any of its games?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootwatch