• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2008 MLB Playoffs and World Series

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I've been a big Rays fan since their inception but I have to admit this season has completely surprised me. Not only our massive turnaround, but how we've done it. Yeah, we've had the best farm system for years now, but I always thought if we caught fire, it would be because of our young batters. At one time, it looked as if our lineup would eventually just be murder for opposing pitchers - Crawford, Upton, Huff, Dukes, Young, Gaither, Baldelli, etc...
I never thought we'd win it with solid pitching and great defense. It has amazed me.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that there are a lot of parallels between the Dodgers and Lakers this season. Both overachieved late after a big trade and both may be lose the championship to Boston. Whoa!!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm still numb to the fact that the Dodgers are a) in the playoffs b) doing well in the playoffs and c) ADVANCING through the playoffs.

I've become so jaded to their late season failures that I never thought I'd see this again....I can't tell you how happy I am to see them do well.

Think BLUE!!!!!!!

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are underestimating the Phils. I think they are going to take LA in 6 games.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Red Sox all the way. Sorry Dodgers fans, but Boston, a real sports town, just might have to grab another one from you this year.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed this thread when it was started.

Cubs, WTF? I mean really WTF? Damnit another year of dissappointment. Fortunately after a lifetime of disappointment I have learned to keep my expectations low. My family on the other hand are all eternal Cubs optimists. I happened to see them all for a wedding this past weekend and their crushing disappointment was depressing to see.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Congrats Phillies.

I went to the Sox game two nights ago... Should'a bought tickets for game 5.
confused.gif

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to see the reception Manny would have gotten at Fenway.

brlfvr

Reaction score
As sick as I am about the Cubs, I am glad to see the Dodgers out. I hope to see Boston go as well. I'd like to see Tampa take it and I think they will.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I expect to be reading about the city of philadelphia going up in flames this time tomorrow morning if all goes well tonight.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let my boyz stay up a little late last night because they wanted to watch "the championship". OK, checked paper - 8 o'clock not so bad, we'll watch an inning or two. Now it's been awhile since I watched a big game on TV, but WTF? Completely annoying FOx 'football crew w/ that goofball Terry Bradshaw, no baseball until 8:30, pinball machine graphics and special effects, 2 minutes of pre-game squeezed btwn 5 minutes of commercials ad infinitum. I expect this w/ American football, but it seems they've ruined baseball as well. On a positive note: the Phillies uniforms looked good w/ the blue * i dots. Also glad to see they were wearing old-style stirrups and not those new full length baggy pants like the Tampa Bay

Go Devil Rays!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads