• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting!

hahah have at those. they are really, really bad and look nothing like they were supposed to. A little preview into our process with Vans. Initially supposed to be 3 different models - 1 skate (half cab), 1 outdoor (the aubin above) and one classic (a reissue of an Italian-market only version of the slip on that had a step down heel). Unfortunately Vans had tried to bring both the Aubin and that slip on back but really bricked the silhouettes on both and wouldn’t let us make any pattern changes. So we scraped both those shoes all together and just ran 3 half cabs.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I imagine this guy is probably a friend or family member of someone at USPS.

Could you buy it (lowball) or get someone else too for you via PP and claim it back for being stolen goods?
Dude is a bottom feeder whose entire business is this. He buys β€œundeliverable” packages (aka the stuff usps loses) directly from usps and sells it, often to the people that the stuff was meant to go to. I know this because he told me so - he said this happens all the time and he is under no obligation to give us our merchandise back and we can either buy it back from him at a profit or not. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahah have at those. they are really, really bad and look nothing like they were supposed to. A little preview into our process with Vans. Initially supposed to be 3 different models - 1 skate (half cab), 1 outdoor (the aubin above) and one classic (a reissue of an Italian-market only version of the slip on that had a step down heel). Unfortunately Vans had tried to bring both the Aubin and that slip on back but really bricked the silhouettes on both and wouldn’t let us make any pattern changes. So we scraped both those shoes all together and just ran 3 half cabs.

They're not my style (or size, for that matter), I just hadn't seen them before. Plus, a little surprised by the price.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they aren’t even matching shoes! literally two different sample rounds 🀣
Glad to that relationship expanding!

Man, you have a lot of footwear colabs in the works (Vans, Mephisto, Soloviere, Danner?, Asics maybe?)! Exciting stuff!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to that relationship expanding!

Man, you have a lot of footwear colabs in the works (Vans, Mephisto, Soloviere, Danner?, Asics maybe?)! Exciting stuff!
hahah Vans is a wrap. These were ideas that we cancelled before we landed on the 3 halfcabs. Cannot confirm or deny anything else.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rdugz

Reaction score
That’s an OG from drop 1
Cool! I had seen pictures of the early drops that looked similar to this sweater, but when it went for a relatively low price at auction I was kind of surprised. Honestly didn't expect to win, lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads